Friday, March 25, 2011

1 Samuel 30:6, Isaiah 7:10-14, 8:10,Luke 1:26-38, Psalm 40;7-11

Daily Mass Readings: Isaiah 7:10-14, 8:10,Luke 1:26-38, Psalm 40:7-11
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Samuel 30:

David found strength in the Lord his God.


Beloved, I wish this could also be said of me always.  M--- found strength in the Lord her God.  For You are my strength and You are my Lord and my God.  With You on my side I am invincible.


Isaiah 7:10-14, 8:10


Father God, thank You for the most wonderful sign of Your awesome power and love.  You sent Your Son as a Man, born of a Virgin and the plan of Satan for our destruction was foiled forever.  Beloved, You are truly God with us.


Luke 1:26-38

Today the Church celebrates the feast of the Annunciation - the day when Mama said, "Yes" to the plan of God.  It was a day of awesome, silent expectation when heaven and earth and even the underworld looked at Mama and waited with bated breath for the word of consent that would emanate from her lips, only then could the 'Word of Consent' became incarnate in her womb. 


Mama being Mama, 'the Seat of Wisdom,' asked the intelligent question, "How can this be be since I am a virgin?"  She had taken a pledge of virginity along with her spouse Joseph so how could she conceive?  The then Angel Gabriel then conveyed, the Good News of our salvation.  We must remember that every word that the Messenger spoke was the exact message that he received from God.  He did not add or remove one single word.  It was God who hailed His daughter as, "Full of grace God is with You."

And then, the most awesome mystery was uttered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you, therefore the Holy Child to be born shall be called Son of God."  WOW!!!!  He goes on to tell her about her cousin Elizabeth who had conceived in her old age.  Another beautiful line, 'WITH GOD NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE."

And Mama said, "I am the handmaid of the Lord, let it be done to me as you have said." and she became the Mother of our Savior.

May it be so for me too my Beloved.  May the Holy Spirit come upon me.  May the power of the Most High overshadow me and may I conceive You my Beloved in my heart and there, in secret, as I grow and mature in You, may I bring You forth to everyone I encounter.  You have said, "Ask and you shall receive."  This is what I ask of You today my Lord.

Psalm 40:9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment