Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Malachi 3:16-17, Genesis 2:4-9, 15-17, Psalm 104:1-2. 27-30, Mark 7:14-23, Genesis 2:4-9, 15-17, Psalm 104:1-2. 27-30, Mark 7:14-23

 Daily Mass Readings:      Genesis 2:4-9, 15-17, Psalm 104:1-2. 27-30, Mark 7:14-23

Malachi 3:16-17
16 Those were the very words of those who fear Yahweh. Yahweh listened and heard what they said. He ordered at once that the names of those who respect him and reverence his Name be written in a record.
17 And he declared, “They will be mine on the day I have already set. Then I shall care for them as a father cares for his obedient son.

Beloved, may I and everyone I pray for day after day be sheltered in You.  May our names be recorded in the the Book of Life and may none of us be lost.  Bring back those who have strayed, whose hearts are divided or who no longer belong to You.  For the sake of Your Passion and the merits You have won for them have mercy O Lord.

Genesis 2:4-9, 15-17
7 Then Yahweh God formed man, dust drawn from the clay and breathed into his nostrils a breath of life and man became alive with breath.

My God, You created me, You formed me and You breathed Your breath of life in me.  I am dependent on You for life.  You are as close to me as the breath I breathe for it is You I breathe.  Reign in my heart Beloved, possess it so completely that only life affirming words and deeds come from it.  May it overflow with Your love and peace and touch those around me.

 Psalm 104:1-2. 27-30

Do not hide Your Face from me.  Without You I am miserable.  Pour forth Your Spirit on me and renew me each day in order that I may live every moment joyously.

No comments:

Post a Comment