Thursday, February 10, 2011

John 11:40, Genesis 2:18-25, Mark 7:24-30

Daily Mass reading:  Genesis 2:18-25, Mark 7:24-30, Psalm 128:1-5

John 11:40
"Have I not told you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?"

Beloved I do believe!  I see Your glory everywhere.  You sustain all that lives.  I behold Your glory when I visit You each morning in the Adoration Chapel, when I receive You each day in the Eucharist, when I look at the sky, see the sun rise, hear the birds, see the grass, the flowers especially the wild ones,  the morning star in the dark, early morning sky, in my family, friends and my relationships.  My day is filled with glory because You Beloved are such a wonderful and living Presence in everything.

Genesis 2:18-15

Beloved, thank You for the Sacrament of Marriage and the grace that makes this union such a beautiful blessing.  Our first parents before the fall were not ashamed of their nakedness because they were innocent and pure - they became aware of it after their sin and then they were ashamed.  You Beloved, were stripped naked and You took on our individual shame as well as the collective shame of a shameless world and offered it up in atonement to the Father.  Thank You.

Mark 7:24-30

The faith of this Syrophoenician woman is remarkable.  She was not put off by Your seeming rejection of her and her petition.  She persisted and was rewarded for her faith - we still read about her today.  Grant me too a persistent, tireless faith - may I never lose heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment