Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tobit 12:9, Hebrews 2:8, 9, 10, 11, Mark 1:

Tobit 12:9
9 I will praise my God the King of heaven; my soul, radiant with happiness, will proclaim His goodness.

My Beloved, I will praise You all the days of my life.  You are King of heaven and of my life and my home.  I am radiant with happiness and I bless, adore and worship You Lord of Lords and King of Kings always.

Hebrews 2:8, 9, 10, 11
. 8 When it is said that God gave him dominion over all things, nothing is excluded. 9For the merciful plan of God demanded that he experience death on behalf of everyone.
1God, thought it fitting to make perfect through suffering the initiator of their salvation. 11  He himself is not ashamed of calling us brothers and sisters

Every one of these verses is beautiful and heartening.  We can be certain that nothing is beyond Your power and influence.  The Father's will demanded that You experience death so we can find meaning in it and we will not feel abandoned.  The Father thought it fitting that You suffer in order that You as the God Man could identify completely with us poor creatures who 'live in a valley of tears.'  We can approach You in any situation confident that You will understand, empathize and heal.

Mark 1:22 , 25, 27
22 The people were astonished at the way he taught, for he spoke as one having authority and not like the teachers of the Law.
25 Then Jesus faced him and said with authority, “Be silent and come out of this man!” 26 The evil spirit shook the man violently and, with a loud shriek, came out of him. 
27 All the people were astonished and they wondered, “What is this? With what auth­ority he preaches! He even orders evil spirits and they obey him!” 
 
Beloved, You came with a mandate from the Father.  You knew Your mission, it was clear to You and so You taught and healed with the power and authority of God for You were given dominion over all creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment