Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2 Kings 20:5, Hebrews 1: 1-3, 6, Mark 1:14, 16, 18-20

2 Kings 20:5
I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears.


My Beloved, thank You for Your assurance.

Hebrews 1:1-3, 6
Brothers ans sisters: God has spoken in the past to our ancestors through the prophets, in many different ways, although never completely; but in our times he has spoken definitively to us through his Son.
He is the one God appointed heir of all things, since through him he unfolded the stages of the world.
He is the radiance of God’s Glory and bears the stamp of God’s hidden being, so that his powerful word upholds the universe. And after taking away sin, he took his place at the right hand of the divine Majesty in heaven.
 On sending his Firstborn to the world, God says: Let all the angels adore him.s and sisters: "God has spoken in the past to our ancestors through the prophets, in many different ways, although never completely; but in our times he has spoken definitively through His Son. 

Beloved, You are the first, last and only Word of God.  In You He has created all things and he has accomplished all things.  Everything has it being in You and is sustained by You.  You are visible image of the unseen God.  Resplendent in glory,power, beauty and majesty.  You have said that You have heard my prayer and seen my tears.  I believe Lord, help my unbelief.



Mark 1:14, 16, 18-20
14 “The time has come; the kingdom of God is at hand. Change your ways and believe the Good News.”
16“Follow me, and I will make you fish for people.” 18 At once, they abandoned their nets and followed him. 19 Jesus went a little farther on and saw James and John, the sons of Ze­be­dee; they were in their boat mending their nets. 20 Immediately, Jesus called them and they followed him, leaving their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men.
 
The Kingdom of God is right here within me - You have called me Beloved, nothing will ever matter as much again as heeding Your call and putting aside everything to answer You and follow You faithfully to the end.

Dear St.Joseph through your intercession obtain for me a heart like yours - attentive to the command of God and a prompt and joyful obedience to His will.  

No comments:

Post a Comment