Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hosea 14:5-8, Isaiah 42:6, Acts 10:34, 35, Matthew 3:17

Hosea 14:5-8
I will heal their wavering
and love them with all my heart
for my anger has turned from them.
I shall be like dew to Israel
like the lily will he blossom.
Like a cedar he will send down his roots;
his young shoots will grow and spread.
His splendor will be like an olive tree,
his fragrance, like a Lebanon cedar.
They will dwell in my shade again,
they will flourish like the grain,
they will blossom like a vine,
and their fame will be like Lebanon wine.
10 Straight are the ways of Yahweh: 
the just walk in them,
These verses my Beloved are like balm to my soul. I am wretched Lord and my shame makes me cringe in humiliation and sorrow for  my stupidity and my foolishness.  I lack the ability even now my God to judge the motives behind my actions.  How much genuine desire to help, heal and love with kindess, gentless and true compession or whether it was self-delusion and self-seeking.  I still do not know.  But You do and I am content.  I know You will correct what is wrong because I ask You to.
Verse 10 reminds me, that Your ways are straight and the just walk in them. 

Isaiah 42:6
I will hold your hand to make you firm;
 
Thank You for Your assurance that You will help my hand and made me firm.
 
Acts 10:34 & 35
“Truly, I realize that God does not show partiality, 
He listens to everyone who fears God and does good.






You love all Your children without showing any partiality for You love us all equally, perfectly and completely.  Your fullness dwells in me to the extent that I am willing to give You a place in my life.  if You live in me then in imitation of You I too must be a blessing to all, a voice that helps to steady and comfort the weak, a hand that reaches out to those who are afraid and alone.


Matthew 3:17
"This is my Son the Beloved; He is my Chosen One. 

Beloved Son of the Living God, God's Chosen One from all eternity to redeem a sinful and fallen world, have pity and mercy on Your poor, miserable creature who wants to love You and live for You alone.  Without the help of Your Presence, I am powerless to do so.  Through the intercession of Mary Your immaculate Mother, grant me the gift of Your most Holy Spirit in order that I may be able to work for the coming of Your Kingdom here on earth.

















No comments:

Post a Comment