Thursday, January 13, 2011

Proverbs 3:5-6, Hebrews 3: 12, 14, Mark1:40-45

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in Yahweh with all your heart; do not rely on your own insight. Let his presence pervade all your ways and he will protect your foot  from the snare.

Beloved, I do trust in You.  Grant me the grace to love and trust You more each day.  I do  not have to trust in my own human insight which is flawed by sin, when I have Your all powerful Word and the Church empowered by Your Holy Spirit to teach and guide me.  Stay beside me my Beloved and should I stumble, hold me up.  Thank You.

Hebrews 3: 12, 14
13 Encourage one another, day by day, as long as it is called to­day.  Let no one become hardened in the deceitful way of sin.   14 We are associated with Christ provided we hold steadfastly to our initial hope until the end.

Just as You encourage me daily, so may I in turn encourage others.  May I allow You to use me to the extent that You wish to.  I want to be associated totally with You holding nothing in reserve.  Help me to cling to You more firmly each day until the end of my days.
 
Mark1:40-45
40 A leper came to Jesus and beg­ged him, “If you so will, you can make me clean.” 41 Moved with pity, Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him, saying, “I will; be clean.” 42 The leprosy left the man at once and he was made clean. 43 As Jesus sent the man away, he sternly warned him, 44 “Don’t tell anyone about this, but go and show yourself to the priest and for the cleansing bring the offering ordered by Moses; in this way you will make your declaration.”
45 However, as soon as the man went out, he began spread­­ing the news everywhere, so that Jesus could no longer openly enter any town. But even though he stayed in the rural areas, people came to him from every­­where.

I come to You every morning touched with the leprosy of sin and You are always moved with compassion at my plight.  You reach out each day to touch and heal me.  As often I come to You, You never turn me away.  Give me a joyful heart that never ceases to praise You always and everywhere like the leper who proclaimed the Good News wherever he went.  You have done so much for me and I am silent - may I shout it out from the rooftops my Lord and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment