Sunday, January 30, 2011

Philippians 4:19, Zephaniah 2:3; 3:12-13, 1 Corinthians 1:26-31, Matthew 5:1-12

Philippians 4:19
God Himself will provide you with everything you need, according to His riches, and show you His generosity in Christ Jesus.

Beloved, I know I can trust You completely in all things great and small. I rest in perfect confidence aware that I need not spend one moment in useless anxiety for You are the King and center of my life.

Zephaniah 2:3; 3:12-13

 Those who have the King for a friend, those for whom the will of God is food and drink, those who ensure that they are just in all they do and in all their dealings - those that are humble knowing that all they have has been given to them from the hand of a generous God - will shelter in the heart of the Lord most high and they need not be afraid when the righteous Judge comes to judge them.

1 Corinthians 1:26-31

My Beloved, both You and I are fully aware that there is no weaker vessel than myself.  I don't have to enumerate my faults I know them well and You can certainly add many more since You know me better that I know myself and so I h ave nothing to boast about and everything I do well I do it because of You and You alone.  You supply the grace and the power.   Apart from You I am only fit to be thrown on the fire to b e burned for I am nothing without You.  There is no one weaker, sillier, more foolish that I but Your grace O Lord has lifted me.  Any good I do is because You  have been very gracious.

Matthew 5:1-12

Beloved, the Beatitudes are a blue print of You, Your character, Your hallmark and everyone who desires to follow You must make these beatitudes their own.  Every disciple must emulate the Teacher.  May I be among those who gather around You, sit close to Your feet, fix my gaze on You and let my ears listen to the sweetness and wisdom that flows from You and may my heart and my spirit overflow with the life that comes from You.  When You send me as Your witness, may I imitate You, may I be formed by You, may I carry You everywhere I go so the lives of others may be touched by You in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment