Sunday, January 30, 2011

Luke 7:23, Hebrews 11:1, 8, 12,13, 17, 19, Mark 4:35, 37-41

Luke 7:23
Fortunate are those who encounter Me but not for their downfall.

What a great pity it is Beloved that so many encounter You but are unmoved for many reasons but mostly because they fear that if they accept You for who You say You are, then they must make a radical change.  There must be a total metanoia and so they find flimsy excuses to deny You and turn away.  Their encounter with You leads to their downfall because they refuse to recognize You

Hebrews 11:1, 8, 12,13, 17, 19

Beloved, thank You for the faith of the grand old prophets of the Old Testament.  Our faith is is rekindled when we read about the marvellous works that God performed because they believed.
Beloved, You have shown me too what You can accomplish with a willing spirit. 

Mark 4:35, 37-41

Beloved, I love the drama narrated in this Scripture passage.  May I always remember that no matter what I have to go though in life, You are there with me.  I am not alone and I need never ever be afraid. 
I can imagine the panic of the disciples and Your utter disappointment at their lack of faith.   Despite the fact that God works marvels in our lives over and over and over again, we are still anxious, worried and afraid.  You want us to be fearless - this proves our faith in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment