Friday, January 7, 2011

Job 12:13-25, 1 John 5:5, 6, 13, Luke 5:12,13 14, & 16, Psalm 147:13, 14

Job 12:13-25
13 in God however is wisdom and power;
his are counsel and understanding.
14 What he tears down, none can rebuild;
the one he imprisons, none can release.
15 If he withholds water, there is drought;
if he lets it loose, there is flood.
16 In him are strength and perception;
deceived and deceiver are in his power.
17 He leads counselors away stripped
and makes fools of judges.
18 He loosens the belt of kings
and ties a loincloth about their waist.
19 He leads priests away, barefoot,
and overthrows those in power.
20 He compels advisers to keep silent,
and strips elders of their discernment.
21 He puts princes to shame;
he unties the girdle of the strong.
22 (He uncovers the gloomy recesses
and brings the deep darkness to light.)
23 He makes a nation rise and fall,
a people to grow and to dwindle.
24 He deprives leaders of their judgment,
leaving them to roam in a trackless waste.
25 Without light, they grope in the dark
and stagger like drunkards.
 
If there is one lesson You have taught me Beloved it is that You do not suffer fools gladly.  I have been a fool  and I was brought down low.  What can I say except thank You.  I am fully aware that there was no other way to bring me to my senses except to knock me down in the midst of my wanton, rampant foolishness.  No one does this better than You my Beloved.  I have learned every lesson You have ever taught me well and I shall never forget them for You are a good Teacher and Your works is perfect and thorough.  You do not tolerate silliness in those who have pledged their lives to You sincerely. You have cut deep and You have got rid of the putrid and the rotten and I am clean and new again. Thank You Beloved, Your love has never failed me and I in turn offer You a humble and grateful heart. 

1 John 5:5, 6, 13
Who has overcome the world? The one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
6 The Spirit is truth.
13You have eternal life, all you who believe in the Name of the Son of God.


Luke 5:12, 13, 14,  & 16
12 “Lord, if you want to, you can make me clean.”
13 Stretching out his hand, Jesus touched the man and said, “Yes, I want it. Be clean.” In an instant the leprosy left him. 14 Then Jesus instructed him, “Tell this to no one. But go and show yourself to the priest. Make an offering for your healing, as Moses prescribed; that should be a proof to the people.” 16 As for Jesus, he would often withdraw to solitary places and pray.


Psalm 147:13, 14
13 For he strengthens the bars of your gates
and blesses your children within you.
14 He grants peace on your borders
and feeds you with the finest grain.



No comments:

Post a Comment