Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jeremiah 32:39-12, Hebrews 9:15, 24, 28, Psalm 98:3, Mark 3: 28-29

Jeremiah 32:39-41
39 I will have them think and act in another way, so that they may always fear me for their own good and the good of their children.
40 I will forge an eternal covenant with them by which I shall never cease to do them good and I shall place my fear in their heart so that they may never turn away from me.
41 I shall rejoice in doing them good and I shall plant them securely in this land with all my heart and soul.”

My Beloved, what wonderful promises You make to those who are Your own.  I too belong to You my Lord and I am pleased to rest confidently in You knowing with absolute trust that You are true to Your promises.

Hebrews 9:15, 24, 28
15 So Christ is the mediator of a new covenant or testament. His death made atonement for the sins committed under the old testament, and the promise is hand­ed over to all who are called to the everlasting inheritance. . 24  He is now in the presence of God on our behalf.  28 Christ sacrificed himself once to take away the sins of the multitude. 

Here is a continuation of the promise.  Those who believe make bold claims with the utmost confidence because they know You.  Every baptized Christian receives this eternal, everlasting inheritance won for us by Your incarnation, passion, death and glorious resurrection.  Beloved, You are in the Presence of Your Father and there You plead for us - the only mediator between God and man.  You died once for all taking away the sins of the whole world.

Mark 3:28-29
28 Truly, I say to you, every sin will be forgiven humankind, even insults to God, how­­ever numerous. 29 But who­ever slanders the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven: he carries the guilt of his sin forever.”

All the works of the Lord are Good and we cannot attribute evil to what is so clearly and undeniable good .
 
Psalm 98:3
He has not forgotten his love nor his faithfulness to Israel. The farthest ends of the earth all have seen God’s saving power.
  
Beloved, You have made a covenant of love and faithfulness with us which stands eternally and cannot be dissolved for You stand by it forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment