Blessed are you, Father,
Lord of heaven and earth,
for revealing the mysteries of the kingdom
to mere children. MT 11:25
1 KINGS 3:5,7-12
My Soul's Beloved,
If we are to navigate the perils of this life, the snares of the Enemy, our own concupiscence, and the tawdry wiles of the world, we must possess the wisdom of God, and thankfully, Lord, this wisdom is not hidden from us. It is readily available for all those who desire it, ask for it daily and humbly in prayer, and then, knowing that it is Your will to grant it to us, make an act of will to study it, understand it, and put it into practice. Sacred Scripture is filled with Your Word teaching us how we can lead a fruitful life, a prosperous life, a life pleasing to God in all things, if we only know and are familiar with Your Word and act on it.
King Solomon wisely asked for the one gift that would help him be a wise ruler, and because he did not ask for the things that perish- wealth and power- but for the ability to rule his people in the manner that You desire, not only was it granted to him and everything else as well. For You, O Lord, are a generous giver. It is we who must have the wisdom to ask for the things that make for life, eternal life, and not eternal death.
Grant me Your mind, O Lord, that in all things I may discern Your will for me and then I bet You to provide the grace that I need to act on it.
The Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream and said, ‘Ask what you would like me to give you.’ Solomon replied, ‘O Lord my God, you have made your servant king in succession to David my father. But I am a very young man, unskilled in leadership. Your servant finds himself in the midst of this people of yours that you have chosen, a people so many its number cannot be counted or reckoned. Give your servant a heart to understand how to discern between good and evil, for who could govern this people of yours that is so great?’ It pleased the Lord that Solomon should have asked for this. ‘Since you have asked for this’ the Lord said ‘and not asked for long life for yourself or riches or the lives of your enemies, but have asked for a discerning judgement for yourself, here and now I do what you ask. I give you a heart wise and shrewd as none before you has had and none will have after you.’
PSALM118(119):57,72,76-77,127-130
Lord, how I love your law!
My part, I have resolved, O Lord,
is to obey your word.
The law from your mouth means more to me
than silver and gold.
Let your love be ready to console me
by your promise to your servant.
Let your love come and I shall live
for your law is my delight.
That is why I love your commands
more than finest gold,
why I rule my life by your precepts,
and hate false ways.
Your will is wonderful indeed;
therefore I obey it.
The unfolding of your word gives light
and teaches the simple.
ROMANS 8:28-30
My Soul's Beloved,
The Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream and said, ‘Ask what you would like me to give you.’ Solomon replied, ‘O Lord my God, you have made your servant king in succession to David my father. But I am a very young man, unskilled in leadership. Your servant finds himself in the midst of this people of yours that you have chosen, a people so many its number cannot be counted or reckoned. Give your servant a heart to understand how to discern between good and evil, for who could govern this people of yours that is so great?’ It pleased the Lord that Solomon should have asked for this. ‘Since you have asked for this’ the Lord said ‘and not asked for long life for yourself or riches or the lives of your enemies, but have asked for a discerning judgement for yourself, here and now I do what you ask. I give you a heart wise and shrewd as none before you has had and none will have after you.’
PSALM118(119):57,72,76-77,127-130
Lord, how I love your law!
My part, I have resolved, O Lord,
is to obey your word.
The law from your mouth means more to me
than silver and gold.
Let your love be ready to console me
by your promise to your servant.
Let your love come and I shall live
for your law is my delight.
That is why I love your commands
more than finest gold,
why I rule my life by your precepts,
and hate false ways.
Your will is wonderful indeed;
therefore I obey it.
The unfolding of your word gives light
and teaches the simple.
Lord, how I love your law!
ROMANS 8:28-30
My Soul's Beloved,
How simple life can be if we truly understood our purpose here on earth. We were created for a life of love and joy in this world and eternal joy in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Nothing in this life is so bad that You cannot turn it around for good if we trust in You. You say very clearly to us this day that all things, without exception, work for good for those who love You, and we order our lives to Your will always and everywhere. This is the secret of the saints. This was the secret to Mama Mary's life in God and St. Joseph's as well.
Grant me and those I love this day, in answer to my cry to You, Beloved, to grant us the grace to see Your hand in all things no matter how difficult, how crushingly sorrowful, how catastrophically beyond our ability to understand, and to say, " Jesus, I trust in You, I know that You will take care of it. You can draw good even from this ghastly situation in my life. You are with Me You are p; resent and Your love combined with y little faith will draw the greatest good from all this suffering and even though I am unable to see what You are doing for Mme and htose I love I surrender all because I love You and I beliee in You I place all my hoe and trust knowing that the final outcome will be for my good and for your greater glory. Thank You, Lord.
We know that by turning everything to their good, God co-operates with all those who love him, with all those he has called according to his purpose. They are the ones he chose specially long ago and intended to become true images of his Son, so that his Son might be the eldest of many brothers. He called those he intended for this; those he called he justified, and with those he justified he shared his glory.
MATTHEW 13:44-52
MATTHEW 13:44-52
No comments:
Post a Comment