Thursday, October 10, 2024

THURSDAY OF WEEK 27 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Open our heart, O Lord,
to accept the words of your Son. ACTS 16:14


GALATIANS 3:1-5

My Soul's Beloved,

It is the Cross that saves. It is Your Blood that saves. It is Your Name that is above every other name that saves. There is salvation in nothing and no one save You O Lord my God. Cursed are those who put their faith in human beings or the rich, famous, and powerful of this world for all they possess in this passing world is vain and will perish. There is power in Your Name, in Your Blood, and in Your salvific work of redemption on Calvary. Dying You took on our death and rising You O Lord gave us Your life - we wait in joyful expectation of Your Second Coming in glory when You will come to claim Your Bride and present her to Your Father.

Until then O Lord, may we remember that we are all members of Your Body - if one member is ill the whole body suffers. Let us help each other with our prayers, and sacrifices, and cry out ceaselessly to You to have pity on us all. Heal those who are sick. Comfort those who grieve. Restore what is lost. Wipe the tears of all parents who are begging for the salvation of their children lest they perish and are lost eternally. Be merciful O Lord. Be merciful and do not close Your ears to the sound of our cries. Thank You.


PSALM - LUKE 1:69-75

Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel! He has visited his people and redeemed them.

He has raised up for us a mighty saviour
in the house of David his servant,
as he promised by the lips of holy men,
those who were his prophets from of old.

A saviour who would free us from our foes,
from the hands of all who hate us.
So his love for our fathers is fulfilled
and his holy covenant remembered.

He swore to Abraham our father
to grant us that free from fear,
and saved from the hands of our foes,
we might serve him in holiness and justice
all the days of our life in his presence.

Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel! He has visited his people and redeemed them.

LUKE 11:5-13

My Soul's Beloved,

I feel like the man who comes to his friend in the night and pleads that he give him three loaves as an unexpected friend showed up at his house and he has nothing to offer him to eat. I have been praying, pleading, weeping, sighing with a heavy heart for You to hear and answer Me Lord, and I feel that this has been Your response to me, “Do not bother me. The door is bolted now, and my children and I are in bed; I cannot get up to give it you.” But I know this is untrue. You are good, gracious, kind, compassionate, and loving, You never turn the broken-hearted away. What You do ask of me though is perseverance, persistence, and faith, but even these I ask You to give me because I am weak.

Thank You for reminding me today through the lips of Your anointed priest that praying in life and a life of prayer are two very different things. One is the prayers I pray daily the other is my whole life being offered to You as prayer. This is the grace I ask the Father in Your Name today and every day and I know that tHe will grant it gladly for this is His will for me as well. 

Jesus said to his disciples:

‘ Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For the one who asks always receives; the one who searches always finds; the one who knocks will always have the door opened to him. What father among you would hand his son a stone when he asked for bread? Or hand him a snake instead of a fish? Or hand him a scorpion if he asked for an egg? If you then, who are evil, know how to give your children what is good, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!’

No comments:

Post a Comment