Thursday, August 1, 2024

ST. Alphonsus Mary de' Liguori, Bishop, Doctor, on Thursday of week 17 in Ordinary Time - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Open our heart, O Lord,
to accept the words of your Son. ACTS 16:14


JEREMIAH 18:1-6

My Soul's Beloved,

All the baptized are like clay in the hands of God. Let Me break you, and mold you into My image and likeness and you will be pleasing to My Father. The process of shaping you and making you a new creation is painful and involves suffering but it is the only sure way to perfection. 

Trust in God's perfect plan for your life and the lives of those you love and for whom you plead and pray to Me always. ---- my own, there is no way of being perfectly and serenely joyful in this valley of tears unless you embrace unequivocally, all that the Father sends you each day. Embrace the daily cross you are given for it is only through being plunged into the fiery furnace of love that you can be purified and fit for the Kingdom of Heaven.

The word that was addressed to Jeremiah by the Lord, ‘Get up and make your way down to the potter’s house; there I shall let you hear what I have to say.’ So I went down to the potter’s house; and there he was, working at the wheel. And whenever the vessel he was making came out wrong, as happens with the clay handled by potters, he would start afresh and work it into another vessel, as potters do. Then this word of the Lord was addressed to me, ‘House of Israel, can not I do to you what this potter does? – it is the Lord who speaks. Yes, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so you are in mine, House of Israel.’

PSALM 145(146):2-6

My soul, give praise to the Lord.
  I will praise the Lord all my days,
  make music to my God while I live.
Put no trust in princes,
  In mortal men in whom there is no help.
Take their breath, they return to clay
  and their plans that day come to nothing.
He is happy who is helped by Jacob’s God,
  whose hope is in the Lord his God,
who alone made heaven and earth,
  the seas and all they contain.
He is happy who is helped by Jacob’s God.

MATTHEW 13:47-53

My Soul's Beloved,

You came to make all things new. You came to show us the way to the Father. You came into the world so we who were once lost are found for You O Lord, are the Good Shepherd who laid down Your life for us.

My Lord and My God, You have hidden nothing but revealed the love of the Father to us, You have made it possible for us to be holy and perfect by giving us the Helper without Him we couldn't say that You are Lord. Lord Jesus, as Catholics we belong to Holy Mother Church. We are the good fish, sifted from the rest and collected in the basket while the rest are thrown away. However, privileged though we are to be Catholic it does not guarantee our salvation if we do not strive every moment of every day, with God's help and grace, to be holy and perfect just as our heavenly Father is holy and perfect. 

You are the Way to the Father, there is no other. Unless we walk in the Way of Truth and are prepared to lay down our lives for our neighbor as You laid down Your life for us we too will be thrown into the blazing furnish with the rest of the bad fish.

You are the fullness of revelation and of all the prophecies and unless we embrace the whole Truth as embodied in the Church You founded we will be separated from You forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment