Wednesday, July 31, 2024

ST. IGNATIUS LOYOLA, PRIEST ON WEDNESDAY OF WEEK 17 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I call you friends, says the Lord,
because I have made known to you
everything I have learnt from my Father. JN 15:15


JEREMIAH 15:10,16-21

My Soul's Beloved,

I thank You for the Holy Mass readings selected by the Church which help us recall that You O Lord are faithful and it is Your Word O Lord that sustains us in a world that is growing darker and darker as sin pollutes the hearts of men and women in every nation. Thank You for the Church that stands as a beacon shedding Your light. Set high on the hilltop is sheds light to all who climb Your holy mountain, the place where You have chosen to dwell. Thank You for Your Presence in tabernacles across the globe and for the celebration of Holy Mass, the only Sacrifice of Thanksgiving, praise, and worship acceptable in the sight of the Father, there is no other. It is this glorious celebration of the mysteries of Clvary that prevents the world from being swallowed up and erased from memory.

Thank You, O Lord, for showing us that it is possible to live lives of heroic virtues as we look at all the great saints that shine like jewels beginning with the Apostles, and all the holy men, women, and even children who desired nothing more than to be pleasing to You in all things and to spend their lives for others in imitation of You, O Lord, our God, the Lamb without stain or blemish who takes away the sins of the world.

This is Your abiding promise O Lord, to all who fight the good fight and remain faithful to the end:

‘I will make you
a bronze wall fortified against this people.
They will fight against you
but they will not overcome you,
because I am with you
to save you and to deliver you
– it is the Lord who speaks.
I mean to deliver you from the hands of the wicked
and redeem you from the clutches of the violent.’

PSALM 58(59):2-5,10-11,17-18

Rescue me, God, from my foes;
  protect me from those who attack me.
O rescue me from those who do evil
  and save me from blood-thirsty men.
See, they lie in wait for my life;
  powerful men band together against me.
For no offence, no sin of mine, Lord,
  for no guilt of mine they rush to take their stand.
O my Strength, it is you to whom I turn,
  for you, O God, are my stronghold,
  the God who shows me love.
As for me, I will sing of your strength
  and each morning acclaim your love
for you have been my stronghold,
  a refuge in the day of my distress.
O my Strength, it is you to whom I turn,
  for you, O God, are my stronghold,
  the God who shows me love.
O God, you have been a refuge in the day of my distress.

MATTHEW 13:44-46

My Soul's Beloved,

Nothing in this world nor people no matter how beloved, can offer us the joy, peace, and serenity of soul that comes from living to love You no matter the cost. You have shown us what true love means, and what it looks like. You have shown us how to love first and above all God and then our neighbor as ourselves. Authentic love wills the good of the beloved in all things. You O Lord are our Beloved and in willing the good of our neighbor we will Your good for You have said, 'Whatsoever you do to the least of your brothers and sisters, you do unto Me.'

You O Lord, are the treasure hidden in the field, and all we possess including our very lives is well lost in finding You and keeping You. If all we have is You O Lord we have all we need and will need nothing more.

There is nothing that this world can offer, there is nothing that the people of this world can offer that is equal in value to knowing You, loving You, and serving You for as long as we have breath in our mortal bodies.

Thank You, Lord, for the gift of being Catholic. I know that I will be judged more strictly because of it for You have said, 'To whom much is given much is expected.' Thank You for the Sacraments that make living a life of grace possible. I do not have to struggle on my own, I have the Holy Spirit abiding in me, You as my perfect mediator between God and me, and the intercession of Mother Mary, and all the holy angels and saints, as well as the prayers of my brothers and sisters in the Church.

Jesus said to the crowds: ‘The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field which someone has found; he hides it again, goes off happy, sells everything he owns and buys the field.

‘Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls; when he finds one of great value he goes and sells everything he owns and buys it.’

No comments:

Post a Comment