Saturday, August 31, 2024

SATURDAY OF WEEK 21 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I give you a new commandment:
love one another just as I have loved you,
says the Lord. JN 13:34


1 CORINTHIANS 1:26-31

My Soul's Beloved,

What is it that we possess especially of virtue that has not been given to us by Your goodness, mercy, compassion, and grace? All we have both material and spiritual has been given to us by a generous God. It is You, O Lord, who called us by name and grafted us into Your Body making us Your own. We are blessed My Lord, that we are considered nothing by the world for we can boast of nothing save in You and Your Name. 

St. Paul reminds us that it is the Way of the Lord to choose what the world despises, what the world considers useless, what the world considers foolish to pour upon Your little ones, the riches of Your wisdom so that the world is astonished and gives You the glory. We, O Lord, are nothing apart from You. It is You who touch us and transform us. It is You who make us a new creation. All that is good and praiseworthy in us is Your doing and we can boast of nothing save in Your goodness, mercy, and love. 

You have called us out of darkness into your own marvelous light and we are saved because You saved us. Apart from You, we are nothing but in You, and with You we are the power of God and the glory of God. May we never forget it Lord but always and everywhere give You all the praise honor and glory. Amen

The human race has nothing to boast about to God, but you, God has made members of Christ Jesus and by God’s doing he has become our wisdom, and our virtue, and our holiness, and our freedom. As scripture says: if anyone wants to boast, let him boast about the Lord.

PSALM 32(33):12-13,18-21

Happy the people the Lord has chosen as his own.
They are happy, whose God is the Lord,
  the people he has chosen as his own.
From the heavens the Lord looks forth,
  he sees all the children of men.
The Lord looks on those who revere him,
  on those who hope in his love,
to rescue their souls from death,
  to keep them alive in famine.
Our soul is waiting for the Lord.
  The Lord is our help and our shield.
In him do our hearts find joy.
  We trust in his holy name.
Happy the people the Lord has chosen as his own.
MATTHEW 25:14-30

My Soul's Beloved,

At our Baptism, we are grafted into Your Body and become children of God privileged to call Him Abba. We have access to the spiritual treasury of the Holy Spirit through the Sacraments, and grace upon grace is channeled into our souls. We are rich with Your riches, Beloved. What we do with them and how we multiply those graces is our response to the great and wondrous goodness of God. 

I am given a mission the world is my mission field but I must begin with myself and those around me. I must be light and salt to those who are closest to me and interact with me daily. The more I use the graces and gifts that You have given me the easier it becomes to make good choices and to share generously what is entrusted to me without cost. I am merely a steward and will be called to give a strict account of the gifts that You O Lord have entrusted to me. Grant me the grace to be faithful, Beloved so when I stand before You I will hear You say to Me as You have said to the faithful steward, You have been faithful in small things: come and join in your master's happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment