Saturday, August 17, 2024

SATURDAY OF WEEK 19 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are you, Father,
Lord of heaven and earth,
for revealing the mysteries of the kingdom
to mere children. MT 11:25


EZEKIEL 18:1-10,13,30-32

My Soul's Beloved,

I thank You, Lord for being the God of fullness and abundance. You have the power to write straight on the crooked lines of our lives. You can draw good from all the wrong choices we have made and from our brokenness You can and will make something beautiful for Yourself. This gives me hope that despite all my mistakes You can still use them to teach, to correct, to instruct, to forgive, to show mercy, and grant healing and grace.

I come to You Lord with a broken heart and a contrite and humble spirit. I will live and so will my children because You are a God of life and not of death. For the sake of Your sorrowful passion O Lord, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

House of Israel, in future I mean to judge each of you by what he does – it is the Lord who speaks. Repent, renounce all your sins, avoid all occasions of sin! Shake off all the sins you have committed against me, and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! Why are you so anxious to die, House of Israel? I take no pleasure in the death of anyone – it is the Lord who speaks. Repent and live!

PSALM 50(51):12-15,18-19


 A pure heart create for me, O God.
A pure heart create for me, O God,
  put a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from your presence,
  nor deprive me of your holy spirit.
Give me again the joy of your help;
  with a spirit of fervour sustain me,
that I may teach transgressors your ways
  and sinners may return to you.
For in sacrifice you take no delight,
  burnt offering from me you would refuse,
my sacrifice, a contrite spirit.
  A humbled, contrite heart you will not spurn.
A pure heart create for me, O God.
MATTHEW 19:13-15

My Soul's Beloved,

I am your little one, your poor little one who without Your help O Lord will perish and die. 

I come to You today needy, helpless, a sinner who lacks the will to choose the good that I desire to do and does the evil that I do not wish to do. I have no one to help me but You O Lord. Do not turn Your Face from me lest I fall into the pit and be destroyed forever. 

You want Your little ones to approach You, to lean on You, to crowd around You and press against You and You will lay hands on us all and You will bless us, heal us, fill us, and grant us all we need to choose what is right and fitting always. With You at my right hand O Lord, I shall not be afraid. Stay with me Lord, I implore You, stay with me.

People brought little children to Jesus, for him to lay his hands on them and say a prayer. The disciples turned them away, but Jesus said, ‘Let the little children alone, and do not stop them coming to me; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.’ Then he laid his hands on them and went on his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment