Monday, August 19, 2024

MONDAY OF WEEK 20 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

How happy are the poor in spirit:
theirs is the kingdom of heaven. MT 5:3


EZEKIEL 24:15-24

My Soul's Beloved,

All we have both spiritual and material are Your gift to us and we must not cling to them whether You permit us to keep them or You take them away from us, even those we love, we must say with Job, 'The Lord has given and the Lord has taken away, blessed by the name of the Lord.' How difficult it is Beloved, not to cling to people, to children, to spouse, to friends, to material things, to spiritual gifts, and how bereft and grief-stricken we become when these things are lost to us. It will do us well to hold lightly all we have and not possess or be possessed by anything except to possess and be possessed by God.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God and Bridegroom of my soul, I am Yours in this life and I hope to be eternally Your in the life to come. Never let me be parted from You. Keep me and all those who are nearest and dearest to me as the apple of Your eye and keep us all safe for eternal life.

Responsorial Psalm
DEUTERONOMY 32:18-21


You forget the God who fathered you.
You forget the Rock who begot you,
  unmindful now of the God who fathered you.
The Lord has seen this, and in his anger
  cast off his sons and his daughters.
‘I shall hide my face from them,’ he says
  ‘and see what becomes of them.
For they are a deceitful brood,
  children with no loyalty in them.
‘They have roused me to jealousy with what is no god,
  they have angered me with their beings of nothing;
I, then, will rouse them to jealousy with what is no people,
  I will anger them with an empty-headed nation.’
You forget the God who fathered you.
MATTHEW 19:16-22

My Soul's Beloved,

Love does not count the cost. It goes above and beyond what is required. Love gives all without thought of self or gain. How hard it is Beloved to make a complete donation of self for God and neighbor and yet if we desire to be perfect as our heavenly Father is holy and perfect then this is the way we can strive. We will never reach the mark but it is the striving that is most pleasing to You.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, help me moment by moment to sanctify the now in my life keeping my focus the grace that the Holy Spirit supplies and not trusting in my wisdom which is only folly. I desire to be all that God has created me to be help me Beloved, every moment of every day to be always pleasing in Your sight.

The young man said to him, ‘I have kept all these. What more do I need to do?’ Jesus said, ‘If you wish to be perfect, go and sell what you own and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.’ But when the young man heard these words he went away sad, for he was a man of great wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment