Thursday, July 18, 2024

THURSDAY OF WEEK 15 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MAS READINGS

Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened,
and I will give you rest, says the Lord. MT 11:28


ISAIAH 26:7-9,12,16-19

My Soul's Beloved,

How glorious it is that I am Catholic. Holy Mother Church possesses the Pearl of Great Price, the Treasure in the Field. The fullness of God whom the heavens cannot contain and the earth a mere footstool holds in her bosom the infinite God - just as the Virgin Mother did in her womb. What is impossible and inconceivable to us humans is possible for God.

Beloved, You so love us, the Father and the Holy Spirit so love us that the Triune God is always stooping low over us being madly and completely in love with us, His poor unworthy creatures. How can we ever comprehend such glorious love? God, the Father willed that You taste our death so we may receive from You, Your life and share in Your glory and Your inheritance. We can only stand before God stupefied, that God so loved us that He gave us His only Son, and anyone who believes in You O Lord will not perish but have eternal life. We who were once doomed to eternal death because of the sin of our first parents now receive freely and fully the life that You have given us through Your life, passion, death, and glorious resurrection.

Thank You, Lord.

Your dead will come to life,
their corpses will rise;
awake, exult,
all you who lie in the dust,
for your dew is a radiant dew
and the land of ghosts will give birth.

PSALM 101(102):13-21


The Lord looked down from heaven to the earth.
You, O Lord, will endure for ever
  and your name from age to age.
You will arise and have mercy on Zion:
  for this is the time to have mercy,
for your servants love her very stones,
  are moved with pity even for her dust.
The Lord looked down from heaven to the earth.
The nations shall fear the name of the Lord
  and all the earth’s kings your glory,
when the Lord shall build up Zion again
  and appear in all his glory.
Then he will turn to the prayers of the helpless;
  he will not despise their prayers.
The Lord looked down from heaven to the earth.
Let this be written for ages to come
  that a people yet unborn may praise the Lord;
for the Lord leaned down from his sanctuary on high.
  He looked down from heaven to the earth
that he might hear the groans of the prisoners
  and free those condemned to die.
The Lord looked down from heaven to the earth.

MATTHEW 11:28-30

My Soul's Beloved,

I am such a spiritual wimp. I am constantly moaning and groaning about the sufferings that I have to endure periodically in my life. Holy God suffering is a part of the human condition without it we cannot grow in holiness, in spiritual health, in the image and likeness of God. There is no other road to the Kingdom of God except by Way of the Cross, by Way of Calvary.

You O Lord, are so good, so kind, so compassionate, so tender-hearted, so full of the most amazing love for Your poor unworthy creatures that You ask us to permit You to help us carry our daily crosses. We do not have to traverse this long, lonely, narrow and difficult road from this life to the next alone - You invite us in the most endearing words saying to each of us:

‘Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’

Thank You, my Lord and my God. Permit me O Lord to cling to You, to be yoked to You every moment of every day until time for me shall be no more and You call me to live in Your Presence forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment