Friday, June 7, 2024

SOLEMNITY OF THE MOST SACRED HEART OF JESUS - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS 

Shoulder my yoke and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart. MT 11:29

HOSEA 11:1,3-4,8-9 

My Soul’s Beloved, 

We do deserve Your wrath, my Lord, for we have sinned grievously against You time and time again but You love us. How well You care for us. As I read the words of Hosea the sacred text chosen for the Liturgy of the feast of Your Sacred Heart, I am moved with the sweet tenderness of Your care of me. You love me with a love that is beyond all understanding. It is too marvellous for me to truly comprehend. I know what I am my Lord, a sinner, weak, piteously frail who is unable to withstand temptations. Who falls miserably over and over again a hundred times a day and yet You love me. I believe You love me more because I need You and I am helpless without You. 

Over and over again You lift me up. You wipe away my tears. You reassure me that I belong to You. Thank You Lord, for loving my family and me. Help me Lord, for I am so full of fear that those I love will be separated from You eternally unless they repent make a good confession for only then can they be restored to the bosom of Holy Mother Church. Have pity, Lord, and bring them home, every one of them I beg You. 

I led them with reins of kindness,
with leading-strings of love.
I was like someone who lifts an infant close against his cheek;
stooping down to him I gave him his food.
Ephraim, how could I part with you?
Israel, how could I give you up?I will not give rein to my fierce anger,
I will not destroy Ephraim again,
for I am God, not man:
I am the Holy One in your midst
and have no wish to destroy.

ISAIAH 12

Truly, God is my salvation,
I trust, I shall not fear.
For the Lord is my strength, my song,
he became my saviour.

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
Give thanks to the Lord, give praise to his name!
Make his mighty deeds known to the peoples!
Declare the greatness of his name.

Sing a psalm to the Lord
for he has done glorious deeds;
make them known to all the earth!
People of Zion, sing and shout for joy,
for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.

 

EPHESIANS 3:8-12,14-19 

PRAYER FOR TODAY 

THE LOVE OF CHRIST IS BEYOND ALL KNOWLEDGE 


Abba Father in heaven,
As I come in Your Presence today,
And fall on my knees before You,
Grant me this petition I pray.

From the wealth of Your glory in heaven,
Dear Father, I ask that You give,
Me power through Your Holy Spirit,
To be strong as long as I live.

I ask not for strength in my body
But strength in my inner self.
And of You My Lord and My Savior,
I have a favor to ask of as well.

In faith, I ask You, Lord Jesus,
To make Your home in my heart,
Then will my roots and foundation
Be deeply embedded in love.

So I, along with Your people,
Have the power to understand,
The breadth, length, the height, the depth of,
The wonderful love of my Lord.

Yes, my Lord and my Savior,
May I know and be filled with Your love,
A love that can never be fully known,
And so have the nature of God.

Eph 3:14-19

14.2.1998 

JOHN 19:31-37 

My Soul’s Beloved, 

We do not deserve the love of God for us and yet He does love us with a love that is not just infinite but unfathomable. He so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish but have eternal life.   

At the foot of the cross on that memorable day, when the Son of God and the Son of Man was lifted high between heaven and earth offering Himself as a holocaust in perfect atonement for my sins and the sins of the world, stood the Virgin Mother, the beloved disciple, and Mary Magdalene. This is the eye testimony of St. John, the evangelist, 

When (the soldiers) they came to Jesus, they found he was already dead, and so instead of breaking his legs one of the soldiers pierced his side with a lance; and immediately there came out blood and water. This is the evidence of one who saw it – trustworthy evidence, and he knows he speaks the truth – and he gives it so that you may believe as well. Because all this happened to fulfil the words of scripture: 

Not one bone of his will be broken;
and again, in another place scripture says:
They will look on the one whom they have pierced. 

The sword that pierced Your side and ran through Your Sacred Heart also ran through the Immaculate Heart for the two hearts beat as one. The Blood and Water that flowed out represents the waters of baptism and the great love that offers the Father perfect atonement for our sins. I trust in all Your promises my Lord. I shall try not to worry about the salvation of those I pray for all the time for I know You desire their salvation far more than I do. I will place all my trust in You my Lord and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment