Tuesday, May 21, 2024

TUESDAY OF WEEK 7 IN ORDINARY TIME - 2024

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

The only thing I can boast about is the cross of our Lord,
through whom the world is crucified to me, and I to the world. GAL 6:14


JAMES 4:1-10 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

St. James reminds us how we are to live if we are to remain closely united to You. The great saints knew this. We have to put to death every evil inclination in us. We must root out weed by weed everything that separates us from You. It is a task of a lifetime but You have poured Your Spirit in us and You have given us Mama Mary and the intercession of the angels and saints to assist us. 

We must flee the devil, not engage with him. He is a deceiver and a liar and has been so since his fall from grace. Let us not spend a moment worrying about him but keep our focus on You for from You we receive help always. 

Lord Jesus, You have said that it is from within our hearts that evil flows and pollutes everything it touches but if our hearts are filled with love; that love flowing from our hearts will touch everything and make all we do pleasing to You.

My Beloved, You make Your home in me, let me remember every moment of this day that You are with me and no evil can touch me. 

God opposes the proud but he gives generously to the humble. Give in to God, then; resist the devil, and he will run away from you. The nearer you go to God, the nearer he will come to you. Clean your hands, you sinners, and clear your minds, you waverers. Look at your wretched condition, and weep for it in misery; be miserable instead of laughing, gloomy instead of happy. Humble yourselves before the Lord and he will lift you up.

PSALM 54(55):7-11,23 ©

Entrust your cares to the Lord and he will support you.

O that I had wings like a dove
to fly away and be at rest.
So I would escape far away
and take refuge in the desert.

Entrust your cares to the Lord and he will support you.

I would hasten to find a shelter
from the raging wind,
from the destructive storm, O Lord,
and from their plotting tongues.
Entrust your cares to the Lord and he will support you.
For I can see nothing but violence
and strife in the city.
Night and day they patrol
high on the city walls.

Entrust your cares to the Lord and he will support you.

Entrust your cares to the Lord
and he will support you.
He will never allow
the just man to stumble.

MARK 9:30-37 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Often times we face troubling situations that we are unable to make sense of and we lose our sense of peace. We wonder why we or our loved ones have been singled out for suffering while everyone else seems to be blessed and joyful with no fears or troubles to disturb the even tenor of their lives. However, like the disciples, we do not understand and instead of bringing our troubles to You, we are afraid to approach You humbly and talk to You.

But they did not understand what he said and were afraid to ask him.

Not only are You God and the Son of God, but You are also my Spouse, and my Beloved, You have given me access to Your Heart day and night. Nothing can hinder my approaching You at any time. It is my lack of faith, my fears, my lack of understanding that keeps me from running to You and throwing myself in Your loving embrace. 

Give me the heart and spirit of a child, Lord, and I will never leave You. Nestled against You the world and the devil may do its worst but I will be at rest and serene in Your loving arms.

 ‘If anyone wants to be first, he must make himself last of all and servant of all.’ He then took a little child, set him in front of them, put his arms round him, and said to them, ‘Anyone who welcomes one of these little children in my name, welcomes me; and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment