Thursday, August 17, 2023

THURSDAY OF WEEK NINETEEN IN ORDINARY TIME - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Let your face shine on your servant,
and teach me your decrees. PS 118:135


JOSHUA 3:7-11,13-17 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Grant me this grace today and always that I may carry Mary, the Ark of the Covenant, always with me for she is the tabernacle of the Eternal Word, the Bread of Life, the God of our salvation. With Mary, I cannot stray. She will ensure that even as my foot touches the water of tribulation the God of Life who took Flesh from her and made His home in her womb will halt the flow of troubles before they can overwhelm me and I will cross on dry land from this life to the Promised Land in the Kingdom of God.

MATTHEW 18:21-19:1 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

I owe You a debt of love that I cannot repay. I am redeemed by Your Blood. You became the willing Victim for my sins, You bore the punishment of a criminal and that criminal was me. The barbaric death You endured was the penalty You paid for my sins, I have life because You took my place on the Cross. 

What is it You ask of me, in exchange my Beloved? You ask me to love as You have loved. To forgive as You have forgiven. I am to imitate You and to lay down my life for others just as You lay down Your life for me. I must do this gladly. Every day in countless ways I am invited to die to myself and so often I fail. You taught by example that it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Make me sensitive to all the opportunities that You present to me to serve as You served and find joy in giving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment