Saturday, August 19, 2023

SATURDAY OF WEEK NINETEEN IN ORDINARY TIME - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READING

Blessed are you, Father,
Lord of heaven and earth,
for revealing the mysteries of the kingdom
to mere children. MT 11:25 


JOSHUA 24:14-29 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

My Lord and my God You I will serve, You will I fear with a holy fear, with awe and reverence all the days of my life. Thank You for Your abiding Presence in my life. Thank You for walking with me. Thank You for never abandoning me. Even in the midst of my darkest distress, You O Lord were with me and because You were with me I always had hope.

Beloved, I believe that You have heard all my prayers and You will continue to hear me. Each time I call Your Name You answer because You stoop from the highest heaven over me and are aware of every sigh that escapes from my lips. I thank You in faith this day for I believe in Your time and in Your way, You will answer every prayer I pray daily for my spouse and for my family.  As for us O Lord, we promise to serve You faithfully all the days of our life. Keep us close to Your Sacred Heart through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Your Mother and ours.

‘See! This stone shall be a witness against us because it has heard all the words that the Lord has spoken to us: it shall be a witness against you in case you deny your God.’  Peter is the Rock on which You have built Your Church and You O Lord are its Cornerstone - to this Church O Lord keep me and my family always faithful and in and through her, You will grant us eternal life.

PSALM 15(16):1-2,5,7-8,11 ©

Preserve me, God, I take refuge in you.
I say to the Lord: ‘You are my God.’
O Lord, it is you who are my portion and cup;
it is you yourself who are my prize.

I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel,
who even at night directs my heart.
I keep the Lord ever in my sight:
since he is at my right hand, I shall stand firm.

You will show me the path of life,
the fullness of joy in your presence,
at your right hand happiness forever.

MATTHEW19:13-15 ©


My Soul's Beloved,

It is to the simple, the childlike, the humble of heart, the meek in spirit that the Kingdom of Heaven belongs.

Grant me these virtues O Lord. My weaknesses are legion and as long as I am always aware of how helpless I am without You, how easily I stumble and fall if You take away Your Spirit from me. I desire to keep my hand in Yours always so You will lead me safely from this life to the life that is to come in the Kingdom of Heaven. 

Keep the Church humble as well O Lord so she will always be attuned to the Holy Spirit and heed His prompting and she will be able to faithfully shepherd Your flock through this dark valley of tears to the place of rest that God has prepared for us from all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment