Sunday, July 23, 2023

SIXTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are you, Father,
Lord of heaven and earth,
for revealing the mysteries of the kingdom
to mere children. MT 11:25


WISDOM 12:13,16-19 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Yes, You are a God of justice and this will be fearsome to those who are stubbornly and pridefully unrepentant of grave sins. But to those who are truly repentant and contrite of heart, those who weep for their sins because they have offended You O Lord to these You will show great mercy for You are full of tender compassion and love. 

Beloved, may I never take Your love, goodness, and kindness for granted but keep me vigilant so I, with the help of the abundant grace You make available to me in the Sacraments, may avoid the near occasion of sin.

My Lord, may I die rather than cause another to commit sin. 

PSALM 85(86):5-6,9-10,15-16 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

You know that we are weak, You know that we are prone to fall when we are tempted. You know that we desire to be good but we lack the will to be good. This is why God willed that You become incarnate of the Virgin Mary. Only as one of us could You truly enter the human condition and redeem it. 

O Lord, you are good and forgiving,
full of love to all who call.
Give heed, O Lord, to my prayer
and attend to the sound of my voice.

All the nations shall come to adore you
and glorify your name, O Lord:
for you are great and do marvellous deeds,
you who alone are God.

But you, God of mercy and compassion,
slow to anger, O Lord,
abounding in love and truth,
turn and take pity on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment