Friday, May 19, 2023

FRIDAY BEFORE ASCENSION SUNDAY - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Christ has risen, he who created all things,
and has granted his mercy to men.


ACTS 18:9-18 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Your Word, O Lord, is Truth. You assured Paul in a vision not to be afraid to speak because not only were You with him but there were many who believed in You in the city of Corinth. You assured him that no one would even attempt to hurt You. And it was just as You promised. For eighteen months he was unmolested. But the enemies of Truth do not rest. They brought Paul before the tribunal and accused him of breaking the Law. True to Your promise, You preserved him from the malice of his accusers.

Grant me this immense grace O Lord, to take You at Your Word, rest with confidence in it, and not permit the Enemy to rob me of the peace which is Your gift to me. 

PSALM 46(47):2-7 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Keep me attentive to all the promises God has made in His Word and which have been fulfilled fully in You. 

Give me a spirit that rejoices always and in all circumstances for You have saved me, redeemed me, claimed me for Your Own, and are attentive to all my needs. You always, always hear and answer me when I call to You for help. Let this increase my faith, hope, and love in You steadily every day.

You have crushed the Enemy. You are victorious and triumphant. You grant me a share in Your victory because You love me.

The Ascension is a foretaste of the everlasting joy that I will receive when You come again in glory to claim all who belong to You and we will remain with You in bliss eternally. Thank You, Lord, for the hope we have in You.

JOHN 16:20-23 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Thank You, Lord, for revealing to us what we can expect in this world from the enemies of Truth, the enemies of Life, and the enemies of Light and Love.

Everywhere, in all nations, Christians are being persecuted overtly and covertly. They are being beaten, falsely accused, and imprisoned. They are being robbed, Altars in churches are being desecrated, and the law turns a blind eye to the blatant cruelty, violence, and palpable and visible hatred. They act with impunity knowing that they will go scot-free. 

It is hard not to be despondent when we see the grave injustices and violence against Your faithful. The vile lies that spew from the lips of those who hatefully and cruelly oppose Your faithful ones.

Thank You, also for Your assurance that all who remain faithful to the end will be filled with eternal joy. You will come again in glory. You will take us with You to remain in the beatific vision eternally. Grant us the grace to endure with courage until the end. Hasten Your coming Lord. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment