Wednesday, April 26, 2023

WEDNESDAY OF THE THIRD WEEK OF EASTERTIDE - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

It is my Father’s will, says the Lord,
that whoever believes in the Son shall have eternal life,
and that I shall raise him up on the last day. JN 6:40

ACTS 8:1-8 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

I am timid, I am a coward, I am fearful, I do not know whether, in the face of severe persecution, I would remain faithful to the point of death like Stephen was. The world is filled with ruthless people like Saul was before his conversion, believing wholeheartedly in their faith they commit unbelievable atrocities in the name of their gods or in the name of God.

Would I have the courage to be imprisoned, suffer torture, even lay down my life for You and for the Gospel? I do not know, my Lord. But if I rely on the Holy Spirit then like Philip I will be empowered to do all that he did and many will come to believe in You and be saved. 

PSALM 65(66):1-7 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Joy should be the hallmark of every Christian and especially Catholics. How blessed we are to be born into the Church that You founded, to know that the fullness of Truth resides in her, to receive the Sacraments and especially the Holy Eucharist, to be made truly one with You and all the members of the Church. To belong to the family of God and to know that Satan has no power over the daughters and sons of God.

Truly, Beloved, alleluia should be our song despite all the sufferings that we must undergo only then can we be strengthened and purified and become daily more and more like You, our Head. 

Grant me this grace O Lord, to rejoice in all circumstances for You are God and You love me and You will ensure that I and all my loved ones will someday live with You eternally in glory.

Let our joy then be in him;
he rules forever by his might.
His eyes keep watch over the nations:
let rebels not rise against him.


JOHN 6:35-40 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

In this present moment Lord, I am filled with joy at Your assurance that You, O Bread of Life, are my food and drink and I shall never hunger or thirst again because Your flesh which is true food, and Your blood which is true drink sustains me.

I do believe my Beloved, that I belong to the Father and that the Father has entrusted not only me but my entire family to You. I have this assurance from You that You will not lose a single one who belongs to You.

Lord, God, I believe, I hope, I love, and I trust You and I beg pardon in advance for those times when my sorrow crushes me and I become despondent, anxious, and worried. In those moments Beloved, send Your angels to strengthen me. Give me Your Word which uplifts me and I will be renewed in faith, hope, and love once again. 

Now the will of him who sent me
is that I should lose nothing of all that he has given to me,
and that I should raise it up on the last day.
Yes, it is my Father’s will
that whoever sees the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life,
and that I shall raise him up on the last day.’

No comments:

Post a Comment