Tuesday, April 25, 2023

ST. MARK - EVANGELIST (2023)

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

We are preaching a crucified Christ,
who is the power and the wisdom of God. 1 COL 23-24


1 PETER 5:5-14 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

There is so much that the First of the Apostles has to say to the children of God in His Church today. Without humility, it is impossible to please God help me never to forget this truth. In all my dealings with God and with everyone I encounter this day grant O Lord that I remain a servant in thought, word, and deed. When we are crushed under the weight of many sorrows O Lord, may we run to You for aid and to help us carry our cross. You invite all who are weary from carrying heavy burdens to come to You and rest, to take Your yoke upon ourselves for You are meek and humble of heart. I am weary Lord, I am fainthearted, I come to You this day and lay my burdens at Your feet. Help me Lord as You have promised.

Strengthen my faith so I can be calm in the face of every tribulation. Help me not to become overcome with sadness but to be filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit for I have God for my Father, You for my Brother, and the Holy Spirit as my constant Companion, Helper, and Advocate.  

PSALM 88(89):2-3,6-7,16-17 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

I exult with the psalmist as I recall all Your goodness to me. Your love O Lord is unending and everlasting. With every breath I breathe, I will praise You O Lord who are worthy of all praise, adoration, and worship.

When worry overwhelms me grant me this grace, O Lord, to lift up my eyes to see the beauty that is all around me, to open my ears and to listen and accompany all creation that sings Your praise, grant that my spirit be united always with Your Holy Spirit so I will never be separated from You, my Lord and my God. 

May joy imbue my whole being all day every day because I am Yours.

Happy the people who acclaim such a king,
who walk, O Lord, in the light of your face,
who find their joy every day in your name,
who make your justice the source of their bliss.


MARK 16:15-20 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

The Great Commission given to the Apostles is the same given to all Your disciples, to all believers, to all who follow You. The witness of my life must be so powerful even if I never open my lips to speak so that all who see me know that You and Your Spirit are the guiding force and principle in my life.

We have only to look at the witness of many Saints who lived in humility and obscurity and yet their lives lived in perfect conformity to Your will has transformed the Church and the world.

Help me not to lose heart so easily, Lord. I am weak and this is why every little cloud on my horizon darkens my spirit. Have pity on this poor, little, sinful, frail, creature who cannot do one good thing without Your help. Stay with me Lord and carry me when I am unable to go any further on my own.

You are seated in glory at the right hand of the Father and You assure me that You accompany me, help me, and abide in me. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment