Tuesday, April 11, 2023

EASTER TUESDAY -2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

This day was made by the Lord:
we rejoice and are glad. PS 117:24


ACTS 2:36-41 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

No greater sin, no greater crime have we committed than this, we killed God. We crucified You and You willingly and gladly became the Victim, the holocaust, the Sacrifice, the perfect Lamb without blemish or spot. You took upon Yourself the sins and the shame, of the whole world. You took upon Yourself our suffering, our physical, wounds, as well as our mental and spiritual anguish. Every imaginable torment that humanity suffers that are either self-inflicted or inflicted upon us You bore in Your Own Body. All of us are guilty of Your death O Lord but there is a remedy for every child born of Adam and Eve. There is a remedy for sin and death that has the power to make us children of God and heirs of the Kingdom of Heaven - and what is this remedy? St. Peter says, ‘You must repent, and every one of you must be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise that was made is for you and your children, and for all those who are far away, for all those whom the Lord our God will call to himself.’ 

Thank You, Lord, for Your unfathomable and everlasting love. Thank You, for paying the price that I could never pay for my salvation. Thank You for revealing to us how we can save ourselves from the wiles of the world, the flesh, and the devil. Thank You for the gift of the Sacrament of Baptism that reconciles us to God. 

PSALM 32(33):4-5,18-20,22 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

All too often my vision is narrow and constricted, my gaze is turned inward and focused on my own limitations, weaknesses, and frailties. I am unable to envision the divine and immeasurable breadth of God's love which is visible all around me because I am too absorbed in navel-gazing. 

Today the psalmist reminds me that You are faithful, and Your Word and Your works are trustworthy. I am also reminded that You O Lord hear me when I pray. You see me and You rescue me every day all day because You never take Your gaze away from me.

Keep my soul ever attentive to Your inspirations my Lord. Give me a heart that is always obedient and humble. You O Lord are my help, my shield. Thank You for Your assuring me of Your steadfast love and for Your promise that all who place their hope in You will never be disappointed or ashamed. 

JOHN 20:11-18 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

I want to love You as unabashedly and unreservedly as Mary did as she wept inconsolably near the tomb when she realized it was empty. She loves with her whole being and when the two angels ask her why she is weeping she replies, 'They have taken my Lord away and I don't know where they have put him.' Then she turns around and sees You but does not recognize You. When You ask her again as the angels did, Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?’ Thinking You are the gardener she says, ‘Sir, if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and remove him.’ Then, my Beloved, You call her by name, ‘Mary!’ and then she knew You. 

Each time O Lord, when I am overwhelmed with grief, with sorrow when the vicissitudes of this life are too much for me, call me by my name, say to me, ---- mine, and I will know You and I will be comforted by the knowledge that You know my name. Grant O Lord that I too strive every day of my life to be a faithful disciple just as Mary of Magdala was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment