Monday, April 10, 2023

EASTER MONDAY - 2023

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

This day was made by the Lord:
we rejoice and are glad. PS 117:24

ACTS  2:14,22-33 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Peter is an example of what is possible when we allow God to have His way with us. When we allow You to truly be the Lord and Master of our lives, if we give the Holy Spirit the freedom to do what He wills in us, then we, like Peter and the rest of the Apostles, and every believer since then to become a force for good in the world. The powers of darkness cannot prevail when we live in the shadow of God.

As long as we live we will fall short of the glory of God and fall many times because we are sinners but the Good News is that no matter how many times we sin even grievously when we return with repentant and contrite hearts You will not reject us but receive us gladly. 

Thank You, Beloved for giving us a share in Your Resurrection. Thank You, for the hope that we have that if we have died with You we shall also live with You and reign with You. This is the Father's will.  

PSALM 15(16):1-2,5,7-11 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Thank You for the open wound in Your side through which I may enter and take refuge. Where I may hide. Where You will let no evil touch me no harm come to me.

You are my Lord and my God, and You are Mine just as surely as I am Yours now and forever.

‘You are my God.
O Lord, it is you who are my portion and cup;
it is you yourself who are my prize.’


Thank You that my soul too will not know decay because of Your glorious Resurrection and Ascension into heaven. Thank You for Your assurance of eternal happiness with You when my life has run its course in this valley of tears.

MATTHEW 28:8-15 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

It is the women O Lord, who are entrusted with this news of great rejoicing, just as the humble shepherds were given the tidings of great joy. You see us, Lord. You know us. You love us in the way that we long to be loved, seen, and understood. Yes, the sin of disobedience of Eve had put us under a curse but Mary's glorious 'Yes' now gives us a new dignity, a new visibility, and a new promise of all that is possible when we model our lives on hers.  And not only that My Lord, but You Yourself come to meet us and greet us. You permit us to clasp You and You assure us that we need never be afraid. If we belong to Your Mother, if we are her children, her daughters, then You O Lord are our Brother and You constantly say to us, in a world full of peril,  ‘Do not be afraid.’ You make us disciples as You send us into the world to announce the Good News.

The world is filled with blasphemers, liars, evil-doers, and those who use their temporal powers to stifle the Truth. But Truth is alive, Truth has a Name, Truth is the Son of God and the Son of Man - You O Lord are Truth and the gates of hell will never prevail against You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment