Wednesday, July 28, 2021

WEDNESDAY OF THE SEVENTEENTH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME - 2021

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I call you friends, says the Lord,
because I have made known to you
everything I have learnt from my Father. JN 5:15

EXODUS 34:29-35 ©

My Soul's Beloved.

Moses came down the mountain holding the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands. You descended from heaven containing within You the expression of the entire Word of God, who has but one Word - and that Word is You.

Moses' face was radiant after his encounter with the Living God. With every close encounter with You, especially after receiving You in Holy Communion our faces too, like his, ought to be radiant. If this was true of us, the whole world would be so enraptured with You they would desire to have what we are so blessed to receive, You, the Son of God, wholly and completely - body, blood, soul, and divinity. 

We behold You now, veiled in Bread and Wine, but when this life ceases to be for us, the veil will be set aside and we will see You as You are: "There we hope to enjoy forever the fullness of your glory, when you will wipe away every tear from our eyes. For seeing you, our God, as you are, we shall be like you for all the ages and praise you without end." Until then Beloved, grant that we strive to keep Your light shining bright in us and so illumine the little corner of the world in which we live. Amen.

PSALM 99:5-7,9 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

As long as we have breath in our body we who are grafted into Your Body, we who believe in You and have placed all our hope in You, can best express our love for You in loving service to others for Your sake. 

You make Yourself visible and tangible in those we serve for You have said, "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers and sisters you do unto me." Our worship of You is meaningless and all our prayers mere lip service if our love and worship of You do not translate to kindness, compassion, and tenderness to those less fortunate than us.

Blessed as all the patriarchs, prophets, and kings were in the Old Testament none are so blessed as we for You consume You as food that wells up to eternal life in us. You are Emmanuel, God with us and You will remain with us until our last breath on this earth. May I never fail to love You with all the fervor of my whole being and to worship and praise You with immense gratitude all the days of my life.

MATTHEW 13:44-46 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

Thank You for leading me step by step to the discovery that You are indeed the treasure hidden in the field and the pearl of great price. I still battle my weaknesses which keep me from giving up everything in order to possess You and be possessed by You wholly, but with the help of the Holy Spirit, You will lead me to the place that the Father has destined for me.

Thank You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment