Sunday, July 25, 2021

SEVENTEENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME - 2021

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

A great prophet has appeared among us;
God has visited his people. LK 7:16

2 KINGS 4:42-44 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

From the foundations of the world God has been present in it and has revealed Himself to anyone who truly desired to see Him. From the first sin that separated us from God, our Father planned to redeem us going to lengths that no human or angel can fathom for it is inconceivable to either. The Father was prepared to give You, His only, most Beloved oly Son into the hands of an evil world in order to become the scapegoat for our sins and the sins of the whole human race.

Not only does the atoning sacrifice of Your life take away our sins but Your Flesh and Blood are our food and drink providing us with superabundant life that will well up to eternal life in heaven.  
We are truly the envy of the angels.

Thank You for the Holy Eucharist made available to us because of a Father's love for His children, the filial love of a First Born Brother who willingly did as the Father commanded, and the Holy Spirit who is the love of Father and Son who made it possible.

With God, we will always have bread to eat and there will always be some left over. God satisfies the hungry heart all the time. 

PSALM 145:10-11,15-18 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

There has never been a time in my life when I did not stretch out my open hands to You and You did not fill them with all that is good, and perfect. You have always granted each of my desires, not always in the way I may have wished but always in the way that was perfect for me.

My Lord, may I never fail to thank You with every breath that I breathe. May I never fail to recognise Your blessings and Your hand in all the circumstances in my life even the one that may be bitter, painful, and most difficult. 

Thank You for the confidence I have in You that Your ear is pressed close to my lips and my heart so You hear all I wish to say to you and You answer me always with Your best blessings and graces. 


EPHESIANS 4:1-6 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

St. Paul, who suffered gladly for Your sake all the hardships, privations, persecutions, imprisonments, as well as lashing, stoning, and physical abuse, reveals to all people of goodwill our attitude in dealing with one another in order to lives that are always pleasing to God. 

St. Paul contemplated deeply the Word of Truth and Life and by the power of the Holy Spirit has articulated powerfully how we are to live in brotherhood, friendship, and love with one another.

It is never easy to love those who are difficult, those who are selfish, those who are inconsiderate, those who bully us and take advantage of us, those who use their power to deny us that which rightfully ought to be given to us but despite all of it, St. Paul tells us that we must, 'Bear with one another charitably, in complete selflessness, gentleness, and patience.'

Thank You, Beloved, that we are not required to muddle along and do it as best we can, no, You have given us grace upon grace through the Sacraments and the Holy Spirit helps us every step of the way. We look forward with glad expectation for the day when the world recognizes that, 'There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God who is Father of all, over all, through all and within all.'

No comments:

Post a Comment