Wednesday, June 30, 2021

WEDNESDAY OF THE THIRTEENTH IN ORDINARY TIME - 2021

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

By his own choice the Father made us his children
by the message of the truth,
so that we should be a sort of first-fruits
of all that he created. JAMES 1:18

GENESIS 21:5,8-20 ©


My Soul's Beloved,

God knows how to draw good from every situation. He knows our pain, He understands as we see from Hagar's situation. She was the slave-woman, her son Ishmael was not the one of promise, yet because he was Abraham's son God looked kindly on him. 

Poor Hagar, through no fault of hers she was cast out. Very often we too suffer unwarranted and unjustified, injustice because people suffer from prejudice, envy, or fear. It is easy to get dejected and to lose heart. In moments of these Lord, let us look to You for help confident that You never fail those who call on Your Name. 

We are all God's children no matter who we are or where we come from. Each of us is a precious thought of the Most High. Let us remember this especially in particularly the most trying times in our lives and be consoled and have confidence that God is with us in the wilderness even as He was with Ishamael.

PSALM 34:7-8,10-13 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

To know that I belong to You, I am a member of Your Body, I am one with You always, Your life courses through me and Your Spirit makes His dwelling place in me is cause for great, irrepressible joy.

I have a glorious destiny. You have appointed and placed an angel to guard me all my days. More importantly, You are with me always and I have no need to fear anything for You will not permit anything or anyone to steal me from You.

May I never fail to offer You grateful thanks for all You have done for me. Thank You for Your ever-present help, and for providing me with all that I have ever needed. I have never suffered want and Your blessings have never been withheld from me.

Thank You for all who helped me to know You and to grow in my love and knowledge of You. Grant that I in turn may do the same for others. Amen.

MATTHEW 8:28-34 ©

My Soul's Beloved,

There is no one so hopeless that they are beyond Your saving mercy, compassion, and help. These poor men possessed by demoniacs were the terror of the countryside. They seemed doomed to be rejected and outcasts forever in the eyes of the world but not so with God. You sought them out whereas others fled from them. Your brought hope where there was none. You brought freedom and healing where none seemed possible. 

These poor men received the gift of new life, free from enslavement to evil and death, one would think the people of that town would rejoice sadly all they cared about was the loss of their livelihood and they implored You to leave that place. Too often we are like them - we forget to look beyond the narrow confines of the material world and in doing so we lose sight of the eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment