Tuesday, August 25, 2020

TUESDAY OF THE TWENTY-FIRST WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME - 2020

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS



The word of God is living and effective,
able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart. HEB 4:12




2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3, 14-17

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,


Nestling in the arms of Holy Mother Church, nourished by the Sacraments she administers, taught by her from the deep wells of wisdom bestowed on her, and kept alive in her by the Holy Spirit, we have the sure guarantee from You, her Bridegroom, that we will sail safely to harbor in the Kingdom of God.


St. Paul reminds us not to get distracted or be deceived by rumour mongering about the end times. No one knows the day or the hour of Your return all we can do is to live each day on earth like it was our last. What he advises us to do though, is to share the Good News that gives life. 


St. Paul says, "Stand firm, then, brothers, and keep the traditions that we taught you, whether by word of mouth or by letter."  The Church keeps alive, through the Holy Spirit guaranteed to her by You, all that You said, taught, and did. Not everything is  written but all is kept is kept alive by oral teaching handed down by the Apostles and early Church Fathers which is the Living Tradition of the Church. Alongwith Sacred Scripture Sacred Tradition forms an integral part of an authentic faith. Many members of our non-Catholic family should keep this fact in mind before casting aspersions on Your Bride, the Catholic Church. Truth alone has power to set free.  


PSALM 96:10-13


My Beloved, Soul of my soul,


You do all things well. this is why we can be serene no matter how difficult life gets. What have we to fear when You are with us? 


You are the only judge, the righteous judge, You judge with fairness and we look forward gladly to the day when You will return in glory to judge the living and the dead. 

MATTHEW 23:23-26


My Beloved, Soul of my soul,


We must always guard against succumbing to hypocrisy. There is a temptation to appear better than we actually are, to act like we know better, and even worse to believe that we are better than others. Like the scribes and Pharisees we can get caught up with externals to such an extent that we forget that You look at the heart and do not judge by appearances.


Too often I am narrow-minded, I am self-righteous, I forget that while I am busy pointing and criticizing others I lay myself wide open to criticism myself. You teach us to be merciful, generous, kind, tender-hearted, forgiving, and open-handed with childlike simplicity and humility. I fail in this regard repeatedly. Pity me, Lord, and grant me all the help and grace I need to become more like You and to constantly ensure that the inside of my cup is always clean and to be less concerned with appearances.


Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment