Thursday, July 30, 2020

THURSDAY OF WEEK SEVENTEEN IN ORDINARY TIME - 2020

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS





Open our heart, O Lord, 

to listen to the words of your Son. ACTS 16:14





JEREMIAH 18:1-6

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Were it not for the Old Testament the riches of revelation in the New would have no context and would be impossible to comprehend. It is only when we are familiar with salvation history, beginning with Creation and God's revelation of Himself to Abraham, choosing his descendants to be His own, and walking with them, preparing them, and forming them for the wonderful new thing that He did in the New, that a powerful light is shone revealing the awesome love of God made visible in You, His Son.

Without You, there is no redemption, no salvation, no eternal bliss with God. You forgive our sins not once but over and over again when we approach the Throne of Grace with humble, contrite, repentant hearts. When we surrender our lives in the hands of the Potter He can break the clay each time it goes wrong and makes of it something beautiful for Himself. 

Thank You for making us a new creation each time we approach You in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

PSALM 146:2-6

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

I thank You for creating me. I thank You for the years that You have allotted to me. I thank You for the priceless and free gift of faith that was bestowed on me as a cradle catholic. 

To You is all praise due, all love, all gratitude, all worship for all that You have done for me and for the world. Thank You for beauty in nature and creation, thank You for the gift of family and friends. Above all thank You for the sure knowledge that Your grace is all I need and is sufficient to meet all my needs.

Thank You, for the joy of knowing You in this life and the certainty that this life is only a preparation for perfect union with You, my God in the life to come.

MATTHEW 13:47-53

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

The Father sent You, the Eternal Word, into the world to reveal to the children of men that death does not have the final word in the drama of human history. 

You came to establish the kingdom of heaven among us. What is the kingdom of heaven? You revealed this mystery of the Kingdom of God to us by marvelous signs and through parables. It is not a place it is a Person - You are the Kingdom of God that makes His dwelling place in us and with us. All who accept You, all who believe in You, all who live in close communion with You, all who are grafted to You, and imitate You will be saved.  

Anyone who desires to understand God's will and purpose must be familiar with salvation history. From the first pages of the book Genesis and until the last page in the book of Revelation You take us by the hand and walk with us as the Holy Spirit reveals the plan of God and the purpose for which He created us. You glorified the Father with Your life and the Father desires that we glorify You with ours not only in time but for all eternity. The whole of the Old Testament is pregnant with You and in the New Testament, You come alive. In Your life, Beloved, we receive life, light, and love. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment