Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Wednesday of the Sixth Week in Ordinary Time

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ
enlighten the eyes of our hearts,
that we may know what is the hope
that belongs to his call. EPH 1:17-18


JAMES 1:19-27
PSALM 15:2-5
MARK 8:22-26



JAMES 1:19-27

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

If we all lived as St. James exhorts us too, we would live in a perfect world. Sadly, we are quick to anger and quick to speak and this is the cause for so much discord among us. There seems no end to the filth and excess in the world and God firmly and deliberately kept out of public and private discourse. 

Today, we are called to not only hear the word of God but to put it into practice. It is only the one who does the will of God who will be saved.

Today we are reminded that we are the keepers of those whom the world has turned a blind eye to. The poor are victims of the world's greed and are used ruthlessly as a means to an end.

I cannot say I believe and shut my ears to the cries of the poor. I am called to be a doer not just a hearer of the Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment