Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wednesday of the Second Week of Advent

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Behold, the Lord comes to save his people;
blessed are those prepared to meet him.



ISAIAH 40:25-31
PSALM  103:1-4, 8 AND 10
MATTHEW 11:28-30



ISAIAH 40:25-31

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

We are Your creatures and You are our God. You do not need me and yet You created me because You love me. All that I experience in this life prepares me for a destiny that is determined by the choices I make. 

You invite me to keep my gaze fixed on You so I will be aware of Your greatness, Your power, Your goodness, Your perfection and Your absolute rule over all that You have made. I belong to You wholly and all that is good, true, noble, and worthy of praise are Your gifts to me; what is mine are my sins and my failings. 

Thank You, Beloved, for Your watchful and tender gaze on me. Thank You for Your strength in my weakness. Thank You for Your mercy when I sin. Thank You for Your unfailing love even when I am undeserving of it. Thank You for Your faithfulness even when I am faithless. Thank You for keeping me in the shelter of Your wings and for letting me soar with You when I am weary. I am constantly discovering anew that it matters not that I have nothing all I need to do is to yield my whole being to Your care and love. Possessed by You I possess everything.


PSALM  103:1-4, 8 AND 10

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

I thank You with all my heart today for the Sacrament of Reconciliation. Thank You for the comforting knowledge that I need never be ashamed to run to You in the confessional no matter how low I have sunk and how greatly I have sinned. All I need to have is a contrite and repentant spirit and You will joyfully wash away all my iniquity, cleanse me of all my sins, and pour Your mercy and grace into my soul. May I never let fear or shame prevent me from approaching You in this Sacrament of Mercy for You are my Savior, Redeemer, Brother, and Friend.



MATTHEW 11:28-30

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Thank You for Your constant invitation to come to You when life gets too much for us. There is so much that troubles us, wearies us and makes us anxious and if we did not have You to turn to with confidence and trust, we would give in to despair. 

Grant me the grace I need from moment to moment to model my life on Yours. All I need to do is to follow You one step at a time and I fail even in that. I trust You, Beloved, I know You will not fail me.  You know I need You, You know I will never make it alone and above all, I know that You want me to be saved so I can spend eternity with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment