Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Tuesday in the Fourth Week of Advent - Mass in the Morning

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

O Radiant Dawn,
splendor of eternal light, sun of justice:
come and shine on those who dwell in darkness and in the shadow of death.



2 SAMUEL 7:1-5, 8B-12, 14A, 16
PSALM 89:2-5, 27 AND 29
LUKE 1:67-79



2 SAMUEL 7:1-5, 8B-12, 14A, 16

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

The only home You desire is to live and reign in our hearts. You do not wish us to make a great big show of piety but You do desire sincerity in all we say and do.

You blessed King David abundantly in every way. Peace flourished in his kingdom and in thanksgiving and gratitude he wished to build You a temple. Very often what we wish to do for You may seem right and good but what You desire from us is a heart that truly loves You. We can give You nothing for everything belongs to You. You bless us. You feed us. Every breath we breathe is because it is You who lives and breathes in us. Take Your breath away and we will cease to live. 

As we prepare to celebrate the feast of Your first coming, we offer the Father grateful hearts for sending You into the world and we ask the Holy Spirit for grace to stay steadfast in faith to the end so we will be ready and waiting with joy for Your Second Coming in glory and majesty.


PSALM 89:2-5, 27 AND 29

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

You are my Rock, my Fortress, my Deliverer, may I never cease to sing of Your goodness all the days of my life. May I never forget all Your kindnesses to me. May every breath I breathe for as long as there is breath in my body tell of love and great mercy. May I live for You alone Beloved and when I die may I die in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment