Saturday, December 7, 2019

Memorial of Saint Ambrose, Bishop and Doctor of the Church

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 33:22
The LORD is our Judge, our Lawgiver, our King;
he it is who will save us.


ISAIAH 30:19-21, 23-26
PSALM 147:1-6
MATTHEW 9:35–10:1, 5A, 6-8



ISAIAH 30:19-21, 23-26

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

I thank and praise You for the wonderful words of consolation and promises You make to those who are Yours, through the lips of the prophet Isaiah.

You will wipe away our tears. You will hear and answer us each time we cry out to You. You Yourself will feed us on the finest wheat and You will quench our thirst with living water.

We are not left to struggle alone but have received Your Holy Spirit who abides in us and guides us on the path of salvation.  We receive the Eternal Word made Flesh as our Food and we, with Your grace and help, strive to abound in good works that are pleasing to God. Your Father is our Father. Your Holy Spirit is our Comforter and You are our Savior, Beloved, and Our Lord who lay down Your life for us so we may live and reign with You forever.


PSALM 147:1-6

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

The virtue of humility is the hallmark of the children of God. God, Himself is humble, because He deigns to walk with His children. He desires our love although He does not need it. He makes Himself little for our sake in order that we may open ourselves to receive His immensity.

You, His Son, whom the heavens cannot contain, and for whom the world is a footstool, became incarnate of the Virgin Mary. In perfect humility, You gave up Yourself into the hands of evil in order to redeem and save a world that was lost.

God, the Holy Spirit, abides in us in silence and humility. He does not impose but waits patiently for us to respond to His Presence in us.

Only those who walk in humility and obedience will have God as their Protector, Companion, and Guide and can hope to receive a share in the Kingdom of heaven.

MATTHEW 9:35–10:1, 5A, 6-8

My Beloved, Soul of my soul,

Today You remind me that all I have received is through Your bounty. You have been generous, merciful, and have poured on me graces and gifts beyond measure. I, in turn, must share what I have received. Nothing I possess is my own I am only a steward of Your gifts and I will be called to give an account of my stewardship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment