Saturday, June 1, 2019

Acts 18:23-28, Psalm 47:2-3, 8-10, John 16:23B-28

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Memorial of St. Justin, Martyr

I came from the Father and have come into the world;
now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father. 
Jn 16:28

Acts 18:23-28, Psalm 47:2-3, 8-10, John 16:23B-28



Acts 18:23-28


My Love, Beloved of my soul,

We see in these verses that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of order. If we lean on Him and trust Him to lead us as the Apostles, disciples, and the early Church did, He will inspire us in the way that we should go, in what we ought to do and how we ought to do it. 

Paul was so in tune with the Spirit of God that he did nothing without prayer, fasting, and the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. This is what we too ought to do. We can be mistaken when we trust ourselves but if we place ourselves with faith in the Spirit of God we can be certain that all we do will be filled with grace and power and God's will, will be perfectly accomplished.


Psalm 47:2-3, 8-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Often we forget that it is God who is King of all the earth. You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and no matter who is assigned to govern You remain the King and You alone have authority over all. Kings and kingdoms, rulers and leaders of nations come and go but You reign supreme over all and nothing will come to pass without You allowing it to. 

It is wonderfully consoling, Beloved, to know that You can draw good out of every situation no matter how impossible, how tragic, how evil, or horrific because You are GOD. 

We will not be anxious, or troubled, or afraid no matter what the news tells us, no matter what happens around us, no matter what the fear mongers say. You are God and You are always in control. 

God, our Father, whose eye is on the sparrow and has counted every hair on our head will keep us safe in His love. 

For the LORD, the Most High, the awesome,
is the great king over all the earth.

For King of all the earth is God;

God reigns over the nations,
God sits upon his holy throne. 

For God's are the guardians of the earth;
he is supreme. 


John 16:23B-28

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for the wonderful words of consolation that You speak to me this day.

May I always approach the Father with the confidence of a child, making known all that I need in You Name, and He will grant it to me because I belong to Him.

I am a member of Your Body. The life of the Spirit animates me and keeps me alive. Your Body and Blood nourish me. The Love of the Father upholds me. I belong to God in time and in eternity because I am Yours.

Jesus said to his disciples:
"Amen, amen, I say to you,
whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.
Until now you have not asked anything in my name;
ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete.


"I have told you this in figures of speech.
The hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figures
but I will tell you clearly about the Father.
On that day you will ask in my name,
and I do not tell you that I will ask the Father for you.
For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me
and have come to believe that I came from God.

I came from the Father and have come into the world.
Now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."


No comments:

Post a Comment