Friday, May 24, 2019

Acts 15:22-31, Psalm 57:8-10, 12, John 15:12-17

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Friday of the Fifth Week of Easter

I call you my friends, says the Lord,
for I have made known to you all that the Father has told me. Jn 15:15B


Acts 15:22-31, Psalm 57:8-10, 12, John 15:12-17

Acts 15:22-31

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Church is always vigilant against false teachers and warns us to beware of those who do not come with a mandate from her Bishops. The Church who is also our Mother does not impose on her children burdens too heavy for her to bear. 

We thank You, Beloved, for giving us Peter, Your visible head so Your Bride can be guided without error by him. 

Thank You for Your Holy Spirit that makes His dwelling place in the Church and enables those who hold positions of authority may guide her safely in the dark, troubled, turbulent waters of the world and bring her safely to harbour.


Psalm 57:8-10, 12

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Because You are my Lord and my God, I need never be worried or anxious about anything. I can rest calmly in Your love certain that nothing can trouble me since I am Yours.

Thank You for the song of praise and thanksgiving in my heart because of Your immeasurable goodness and kindness to me.

Thank You for Your faithfulness and Your never-ending mercies from the rising of the sun to its setting. May I never cease to sing Your praise until my breath leaves my body and I come home to rest in You eternally.


John 15:12-17

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The one commandments that we are called to obey is that of love. Love must be the guiding principle of our life. It is not easy Beloved, but nothing truly worthwhile ever is. It is hard to love those who annoy us, irritate us, are less than pleasing to our sensibilities, who grate on our nerves. Yet, these are the very ones that You command us to love. 

Love costs. That's what You have so wonderfully shown us; that while we were yet sinners, You lay down Your life for us. You have made known to us the Way to the Father's House. You give us Your Life through the Sacraments. You have revealed hidden and eternal truths that are embodied in You who are Truth. 

You have commissioned me to go out and bear fruit and You assure me that anything I ask the Father in Your Name will be given me. How can I fail, Beloved? Stay ever beside me and in me till the end. Amen.

Jesus said to his disciples:
"This is my commandment: love one another as I love you.
No one has greater love than this,
to lay down one's life for one's friends.
You are my friends if you do what I command you.
I no longer call you slaves,
because a slave does not know what his master is doing.
I have called you friends,
because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father.
It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you
and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain,
so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.
This I command you: love one another."

No comments:

Post a Comment