Thursday, May 23, 2019

Acts 15:17-21, Psalm 96:1-3, 10, John 15:9-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Thursday of the Fifth Week of Lent


My sheep hear my voice, says the Lord;
I know them, and they follow me. Jn 10:27

Acts 15:17-21, Psalm 96:1-3, 10, John 15:9-11


Acts 15:17-21

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank You for the Church and for the hierarchy. I thank You for our Holy Father, the Pope. I thank You for the magisterium. We see how from the first You intended the Church to function when Paul and Barnabas came to Jerusalem to consult with Peter and the Apostles. We see after much discussion how they came to a consensus about an important matter concerning members of the Church.

We have Your assurance that Your Holy Spirit will always be her Protector and Guide and that You will remain with her until the end of time. We also have Your assurance that the gates of hell shall not prevail against her. 

Thank You, Beloved, for this assurance especially in these days when the Church is going through turbulent times.


Psalm 96:1-3, 10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

We are invited daily to testify to the marvels that You have done for us and continue to do for us. You bless us from moment to moment. Often, we take You blessings for granted and we are unaware of the many miracles that occur constantly. Your eye is upon us and You watch over us. You protect us and keep us safe from all that could harm us.

Your breath keeps us alive and Your loving hand upholds the world. We thank You, Beloved, that even when things don't go the way we would like it to, You are always in control and able to draw good from every situation.

Thank You, Lord. 

John 15:9-11

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for the Gospel of today and Your loving assurance to Your people that You love us with the Father's love. Thank You for the grace of the Sacraments that enable us to strive to keep the Commandments of Love that You have given us.

Thank You for the joy of our salvation and for the knowledge that our joy is complete in You alone.

Jesus said to his disciples:
"As the Father loves me, so I also love you.
Remain in my love.
If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love,
just as I have kept my Father's commandments
and remain in his love.

"I have told you this so that
my joy might be in you and
your joy might be complete."






No comments:

Post a Comment