Friday, March 29, 2019

Hosea 14:2-10, Psalm 81:6C-8A, 8BC-11AB, 14, & 17, Matthew 12:28-34

Friday of the Third Week of Lent

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Repent, says the Lord;
the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. Mt 4:17


Hosea 14:2-10, Psalm 81:6C-8A, 8BC-11AB, 14, & 17,
Matthew 12:28-34

Hosea 14:2-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today, You invite me and all who belong to the Church to return to You, our Lord and our God, once again. Yes, I have sinned. Yes, I have chosen to walk in the way of fools but now I return to You sinful and sorrowful. I know You will forgive me for You are full of loving compassion. 

Heal me of my wounds Beloved, make me whole again. Let Your love pour over me and fill my soul. Let the fragrance of Your Presence emanate from me and may I put down roots deep into the Holy Spirit and may I bear good fruit in abundance for Your glory.

Thank You for the difficult times in my life - they have helped me to seek You, lean on You, and trust You. Thank You for Your faithfulness and Your never failing love for me. May I never stray from the path that leads to Eternal Life.


Psalm 81:6C-8A, 8BC-11AB, 14, & 17

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You are good, kind, loving, faithful, and You always hear the cry of those who are in distress. Thank You for coming to my aid always. Thank You for lifting burdens that have threatened to overwhelm and crush me. Thank You for Your unfailing love and help.

Thank You for all the testing times of the past, the present, and those that will surely come in the future. I know well that You will always help me to carry my burdens and You will test me only for as long as is necessary. You will not try me beyond my ability to endure. 

You are my Lord and my God and I trust You. Grant O Lord, that I may never abandon the Way that leads to Truth and Life. Thank You for the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist and for the Bread that nourishes my soul and spirit and gives me strength for the journey. Stay with me Lord until I am safely home.


Matthew 12:28-34

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank God that He did not leave us on our own to muddle along the best we can to find our way to Him. Rather, He sent You into the world so we can know Him, see Him, touch Him, and experience His love through You, His Son.

There is nothing about the human condition that You are unfamiliar with for You entered into our human condition and drank the bitter cup of suffering to its dregs. You experienced every human emotion so You can identify with us when we come to You in our pain and suffering and You will come to our help and strengthen and heal us.

There is only one Way to the Kingdom of God and that is the Way of Love. Love of God above and before all and love of neighbour. This is the touchstone upon which I must base all my human thought, word, and action. This is possible only through the grace that You make freely available through the Sacraments You instituted. If I cooperate with grace then I too will hear the blessed words, "You are not far from the Kingdom of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment