Monday, February 25, 2019

Sirach 1:1-10, Psalm 93: 1-2, 5, Mark 9:14-29

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Our Savior Jesus Christ has destroyed death
and brought life to light through the Gospel. 2 Tim 1:10


Sirach 1:1-10, Psalm 93: 1-2, 5, Mark 9:14-29


Sirach 1:1-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Wisdom is embodied in its in fullness in You and You grant it generously to those who receive Your Holy Spirit. God's wisdom is seen most powerfully in nature and how things are created by Him. How things function, all that lives and breathes speak eloquently of the wisdom of our God. It is wisdom that prompts right thought and right action. 

God directs the world in perfect wisdom and if we allow ourselves to be guided by wisdom then we are guided by God who created her. 


Psalm 93: 1-2, 5


My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and You are robed in glory, splendour, majesty and power. Your Word holds together the world and all that is in it and there is no power greater than Yours that can overcome it.

You are God eternally and You are worthy of trust. Holiness is the mark of those who belong to You. Grant me the grace to strive after holiness and even if my efforts are feeble, and I may fail often, may I never lose the desire to seek holiness in all I say and do.


Mark 9:14-29

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The secret to a life filled with grace is prayer. The secret to a life filled with joy is prayer. The secret to a life filled with the power of the Holy Spirit to do all that You did and even greater miracles as You have promised, is prayer.

Prayer is the lifeline that keeps us creatures closely knit to God. You had great power to perform mighty miracles because You were One with Your Father. You escaped the crowds that made constant demands on You until You were exhausted and Your need for intimate communion with Him was stronger than Your need for food and drink.

Grant me the desire for greater intimacy with You in prayer and may I desire it constantly so I am always united with You. May I receive all that You desire to give me in order that I may be able to do all You ask of me, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment