Friday, February 1, 2019

Hebrews 10:32-39, Psalm 37:3-6, 23-24, 39-40, Mark 4:26-34

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth;
you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom. 
Mt 11:25
Hebrews 10:32-39, Psalm 37:3-6, 23-24, 39-40,
Mark 4:26-34


Hebrews 10:32-39

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The writer of the Letter to the Hebrews reminds me today that I need to have endurance in doing God's will only then will I receive what has been promised to those who are steadfast in faith.

So many in the past and so many in the present suffer greatly in embracing the Gospel and becoming Christians. Yet, they suffer gladly for they know that what they have received far surpasses what they had.

Our hope is in You, Beloved, and we long for the day when You will come again in glory to establish Your eternal reign on earth just as in heaven. 

Grant my Beloved, that we do not turn back after embracing the Truth. Let us know no rest in witnessing to the Gospel so many may come to know You and receive the joy of eternal life.


Psalm 37:3-6, 23-24, 39-40

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The psalmist reminds me today in the verses of this beautiful psalm how I ought to live each day.  Not only am I to place all my trust in You, I am also called to do good and You will provide the nourishment I need in body and spirit. Delighting in You I will receive all my heart asks for.

If I commit my life to You and have faith in You, You will act on my behalf and I will receive justice from the radiant Son of Justice.  You make my steps firm, You hold my hand, I will not stumble no matter how rough the road may be.

You, my Beloved, are my salvation and the salvation of all who believe in You. It is You who are our hiding place, our rock, our refuge in times of trouble and distress. You save. No harm can come to us while we hide in the shadow of Your wings. Thank You, Lord.


Mark 4:26-34

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

In the parable of the Sower and the Seed, You revealed that God is the Sower and the Seed is the Word of God. In today's parable, You reveal to us what the Kingdom of God is like. 

When the seed (which is the Word) is scattered on the soil of our hearts it lies there, silently as we go about our daily lives, but eventually, it will take root, grow and bear fruit. All we need to do is accept it eagerly, God will take care of the rest.  

The second parable is even more encouraging. We are called to sow the seed of the Gospel always and not worry how small the seed may be. In God's time, it will grow and will, in turn, become large enough to shelter many in its shade. The Kingdom of Heaven is large enough to accommodate all who believe in every nation, every culture and every language. 

It is we who must never tire of sowing the seeds of the Gospel by the witness of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment