Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Hebrews 10:1-10, Psalm 40: 2, 4, 7-8, 19-11, Mark 3:31-35

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth;
you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom. 
Mt 11:25


Hebrews 10:1-10, Psalm 40: 2, 4, 7-8, 19-11, 
Mark 3:31-35


Hebrews 10:1-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I am truly grateful to God our Father for the Gift of the Sacrifice of Calvary that takes away my sins and offers me food that will sustain me for the journey from this life to the next.

There are so many in the world who do not believe but those who do receive the heavenly manna that enables us to live each day with supernatural grace and strength. 

Abba Father, today I wish to thank You with my whole being for the Incarnation, for the Gift of Your Son, for the Sacrifice that takes away the sins of the whole world, and for the joy of perfect union with Him in the Holy Eucharist. Thank You for the Gift of Your Spirit that has been poured into our hearts - the Gift that enables us to cry, "Abba, Father," and the certainty that each time we do, You hear and answer us. Amen.


Psalm 40: 2, 4, 7-8, 19-11

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for Your obedience and Your 'yes' to the Father's will. Thank You for Your gracious humility in stooping low and becoming one like us in all things in order that You may raise us up to be grafted into You.

Thank You for the Sacrifice that immolated You to the Cross for love of poor sinners. Thank You, Beloved, that while we were still sinners You lay down Your life for us. 

All the blood of bulls and lambs could never wash away our sins and take away our guilt. Thank You for Your compassion and for Your love. Thank You for the Holy Eucharist without which, Beloved, we would fall by the wayside and perish.


Mark 3:31-35

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

If I am to be numbered among the members of Your Family then I must always do the will of God. It is not always easy to say, "Not my will, but Your will be done." But when we receive the grace to do it and when we cooperate with the grace freely poured into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, then seeking Your will in all things and doing it will be food and drink to us as it was to You.

Mary is the perfect disciple for she knew no other way of living than always being in perfect accord with God's will.

Setting aside my own selfish desires is very hard Beloved. I beseech You this day to help me, to give me the strength and courage I need to cooperate with the bountiful graces You give me, and to say always, "Not my will by Your will be done." Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment