Saturday, January 26, 2019

2 Timothy 1:1-8, Psalm 96:1-3, 7-8, 10, Mark 3:20-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Memorial of Saints Timothy and, Bishops

Open our hearts, O Lord,
to listen to the words of your Son. Acts 16:14B


2 Timothy 1:1-8, Psalm 96:1-3, 7-8, 10, Mark 3:20-21


2 Timothy 1:1-8

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Paul loved all those who helped him in spreading the Good News as well as those whom he led to faith in You and the Gospel with the love of a true father.

Once he knew the Truth that is embodied in You, the Christ, the Son of the Living God, there was no turning back. He gave his whole being to the mission entrusted to him; the mission to preach the Good News to the Gentiles. 

In this letter to Timothy, he assures him that he prays for him constantly, he tells him how he longs to see him, he commends him for his faith and encourages him to use the gifts of the Spirit that he received when he was baptized and  Paul laid his hands on him.

This is a reminder to me as well, Beloved, that God has given me a spirit of power, of boldness. I have received the capacity to love as God wholehearted and without self-interest or self-gain. I have also received the power of self-control. 

Grant my Beloved, that there will never be a time when I will be afraid or ashamed to stand up and be counted as a Christian and to be prepared to suffer any hardship for the sake of the Gospel. Thank You for Your pledge to be my strength to the end. 


Psalm 96:1-3, 7-8, 10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

God, our Father, has put a new song in the heart of all those who believe they are saved by You. We are a new creation and our song is the song sung by the angelic hosts and the saints in heaven. We proclaim Your marvellous deeds of salvation from the incarnation to Your glorious Ascension into heaven where You are seated at the right hand of the Father.

We hand down our faith, hope, and love in You to our children and they will hand it down to their children and so may it continue from one generation to the next until You come again in glory.

We long for the day Beloved when You will restore all things as the Father intended from the beginning when He first created the world and before sin entered to mar the perfection of His creation.

May we remain true to the end as we wait for that day with joyful anticipation. 


Mark 3:20-21

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

There is no area of the human condition that You are not able to understand and empathise with, for You suffered all that we do even though You were sinless.

So often good people are misunderstood for various reasons during those times my Lord, grant that I may not include my voice among those who join the crowds. You were so different from any man they knew and Your way of loving and living was so radical that they thought it was abnormal. However, we who are Your disciples are also called to love and live as radically as You did. This ought to be the norm for us too. Thank You for making available to us the graces we need to model our lives on the example that You set for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment