Saturday, December 15, 2018

Sirach 48:1-4, 9-11, Psalm 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19, Matthew 17:9A, 10-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight his paths:
All flesh shall see the salvation of God. Lk 3:4, 6


Sirach 48:1-4, 9-11, Psalm 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19, Matthew 17:9A, 10-13


Sirach 48:1-4, 9-11

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Word of God is a flaming furnace of Love, You are the Eternal Word of God and anyone who speaks the Word speaks them as a flaming furnace that has the power to purify until all that is sinful and unworthy is removed. Nothing unclean can come into Your holy Presence this is why we need the Sacrifice of Calvary, the Sacrifice we celebrate at Holy Mass which alone has the power to take away the sins of the world.

Elijah was a powerful prophet and he preached the word of God with power. He performed mighty miracles, however, he was only human just as St. John the Baptist was. You however Beloved, are fully human and fully divine. You have the words of everlasting life and all who believe will share in Your glory.

Psalm 80:2-3, 15-16, 18-19

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Grant that I gaze upon Your Face all the days that are allotted to me and I will be saved.

You are the Good Shepherd, You will leave the ninety-nine and go in search of the one that is lost. This is a great consolation to sinners. Thank You, Beloved, that You are Emmanuel, God who is always with us. Keep me safe in You love all the days of my life.

Thank You for the life of grace that is poured upon us through the Sacraments. May I gratefully and joyfully receive You frequently in the Eucharist and thus be prepared for the Day of Your Coming in glory and majesty.


Matthew 17:9A, 10-13

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Every one of us born into this world and has the privilege of being baptized and grafted into Your Body is Elijah and John the Baptist. We are called to prepare the way of the Lord and for the Second Coming. We who believe have been given a mission to live the Gospel in season and out of season. By our lives, we are called to preach the Good News of our salvation that all may believe and be saved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment