Monday, December 17, 2018

Genesis 49:2, 8-10, Psalm 72:1-4, 7-8, 17, Matthew 1:1-17

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

O Wisdom of our God Most High,
guiding creation with power and love:
come to teach us the path of knowledge!


Genesis 49:2, 8-10, Psalm 72:1-4, 7-8, 17, 
Matthew 1:1-17


Genesis 49:2, 8-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today You remind us that it is God who chooses us for our mission. Whether individuals, groups or nations, it is God alone who decides according to His plan and vision what is best for us individually and as a whole.

Of the 12 sons of Jacob, he chose Judah and prophesied that from him shall come the one who is to be the Lion of Judah. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords who would reign in triumph. You are the One seated on the Throne at the right hand of God the Father and Your rule and Your Kingdom will never end. 

Psalm 72:1-4, 7-8, 17

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Peace is Your gift to all who believe. No matter how terrible the winds rage around us or the strong the waves that break upon us we know that You are present in the storm. You have power over all and You reign over all in time and in eternity. You did not just come to give us peace but You came to give us profound peace.

It is a gift that I can either accept or reject. Grant me the grace to receive Your peace and to live every moment of my life in the certainty that I am a child of God and heir to the Kingdom. I belong to You in time and in eternity.


Matthew 1:1-17

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Your genealogy testifies to the fact that You are indeed the Son of Man as well as the Son of God. You assumed our humanity so all who believe in You could become the sons and daughters of the Living God.

No comments:

Post a Comment