Friday, December 28, 2018

1John 1:5--2:2, Psalm 124:2-5, 7-8, Matthew 2:13-18

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Feast of the Holy Innocents, martyrs

We praise you, O God,
we acclaim you as Lord;
the white-robed army of martyrs praise you.


1John 1:5--2:2, Psalm 124:2-5, 7-8, Matthew 2:13-18


1John 1:5--2:2

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

God is Light, God is sinless and those who have sinned can have no fellowship with You. I cannot belong to You if I am in sin or if I choose sin over You. Your word today is clear if I am to walk in the light of Your love only then can I remain in You sin cuts me off from You and without repentance, without the washing away of sin by Your precious Blood I will wither and die.

I am a sinner, I was conceived in sin, but thanks be to God by the grace of Baptism I am a child of God and a member of Your Body, the Church. Thank You for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, thank You for the forgiveness of sin in this glorious Sacrament where the repentant sinner can be washed, cleansed, made whole and restored to the family of God.


Psalm 124:2-5, 7-8

Abba Father, thank You for Jesus, Beloved of my soul, 

Had You not rescued us through the Saving Blood of Your Son we would have been lost forever. 

Thank You, my Love, my Life, for You humility and Your obedience in embracing the Cross and laying down Your life for me in order to open the gates of the Kingdom of Heaven.

Thank You for coming to my rescue, for breaking the chains of slavery to sin and for setting me free. Thank You for making me a child of God and making a place for me at the Banquet Table.


Matthew 2:13-18

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Grant me the humility and obedience of St. Joseph who was docile to the will of God. Thank You for his silence for only in silence can we hear You speak to us. Grant me the grace to accept what You will for me no matter how hard it may be to understand or difficult to do. In the end, I know that Your will for me is always for my good.

The innocent continue to be slaughtered from the babes in the womb and in every stage of human life by those who deem their lives to be worthless. Innocent lives are lost on the altar of greed, and selfishness.

Today we celebrate the feast of the Holy Innocents who were martyred - killed by Herod who was afraid that You would seize his throne. Someday you would say to Pilate my Kingdom is not of this world, but Herod did not know that. He was too caught up with his tiny little realm, and his puny little power in it.

The little innocents died for a divine cause and today we celebrate their noble little lives that were not in vain. Their mothers' wails of lament have long since turned into hymns of praise, worship, adoration, and thanksgiving before the throne of the everlasting King in the everlasting Kingdom.

Today we pray for the slaughter of innocents that goes on in every age - may there be an end to it and may every life be celebrated as a gift from God from conception until natural death. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment