Friday, November 2, 2018

Wisdom 3:1-9, Psalm 23:1-6, Romans 4:5-11, John 6:37-40

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

The Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed
(All Souls

Come, you who are blessed by my Father;
inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. Mt 25:34

Wisdom 3:1-9, Psalm 23:1-6, Romans 4:5-11,
John 6:37-40

Wisdom 3:1-9

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank and praise God for the eternal destiny of my soul and all faithful souls who have gone on before us. You are faithful, kind, merciful, and compassionate, and You are true to Your promises. Heaven is granted to those who in their lifetime struggled again the flesh, the world, and the devil, and with Your help have won the victory.

To all who believe God has given the power to be called children of God. Many foolishly believe that after this life there is nothing else but we know that the Kingdom of Heaven in our inheritance because we are sons and daughters of God and co-heirs with You. This is the love of God and this is the plan of God for His little ones. Yes, we will need further purification after we die because we know that all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God and nothing unclean could ever enter Your Presence for You are holy and pure. Thank You Beloved for the hope we have in You and grant that we may never forget those who are still in Purgatory and longing for the beatific vision. 

Eternal rest grant unto them O Lord, and let perpetual light fall upon them. May their souls rest in peace. Amen.

Psalm 23:1-6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for Your constant assurance that You are my Good Shepherd and that You are with me every step of the way. If I stay close beside You, if I do not stray from the flock, I will be safe. But even if I am foolish enough to get lost, You will come looking for me. You will save me from my own stupidity and foolishness because You know that I am weak. You will find me, pick me up, place me on Your shoulders and bring me back home.

You feed me in the Holy Eucharist. In the waters of Baptism, You have washed me clean and made me a child of God. You give me rest each time I come to You in prayer. You refresh my soul. Even in the darkest night with my hand in Yours, I shall not be afraid for You have assured me that You will remain with me to the end of my days. Thank You. 

Romans 4:5-11

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Faith, hope, and Love are Your gifts to us in Baptism. We need these as long as we sojourn on earth. Faith in You keeps us alive. Our hope of eternal life with You give us strength to go on - it is a light that illumines our way when the journey gets rough. And without the love of God which is poured into our hearts, we would never make it to journey's end.

You had to die in order that we may live. Death comes to us all but for those who believe in You, it is only the gateway to eternal life in the Kingdom of Heaven. No one comes to the Father except through You. Thank You for entering into our death in order for us to enter and receive Your life.
John 6:37-40

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You reveal that it is the Father who decides who will receive the gift and the privilege to come to You and You assure us that You will not reject those who do. This is the Father's will. This is why He sent You into the world - to fulfill His plan of salvation for His children that were lost to Him because of the sin of their first parents.  We have Your assurance that all whom the Father has given You will not be lost but will be kept safe in You and will be raised by You on the last day. All who believe in You will be saved. Thank You, Father, for the gift of faith. Thank You Holy Spirit for helping me on my journey to heaven. Thank You my most Beloved for opening the gates of heaven so I may enter and take my place that God has prepared for me since the foundations of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment